Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/24/2020 4:24 pm  #21

Re: Forum Feedback

joekc6nlx wrote:

Last night, I tried again, and got nowhere.  I don't know if this a board-wide occurrence or if it's just when an Admin is doing maintenance on Shejidan. No indication of what's causing it, either.

Seems to be all right today, though.

Whatever was going on, it wasn’t the guild. Likely (hopefully) the boardhost folks doing maintenance. An inquiry has been sent.

Last edited by Aja Jin (5/24/2020 4:25 pm)

5/24/2020 6:29 pm  #22

No issues noted here. On the rooftops, scanning for trouble.

One world -- or none

5/24/2020 7:28 pm  #23

It's not us.  It's board-wide 

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

5/27/2020 4:22 pm  #24

The questions were a surprise and, after all these decades, I had to guess at my first encounter with our beloved author. I'm glad I found my way here, had been away for a bit and when I went to TapaTalk everyone was gone! Sort of like getting to a party a little late and finding out that all the celebrants had departed for a new destination. And now I have to track down my avatar. . . .but I like the look and feel of the new site, and will enjoy catching up on the news.

Last edited by nighthawk (5/27/2020 4:23 pm)

5/27/2020 6:10 pm  #25

nighthawk wrote:

The questions were a surprise and, after all these decades, I had to guess at my first encounter with our beloved author. I'm glad I found my way here, had been away for a bit and when I went to TapaTalk everyone was gone! Sort of like getting to a party a little late and finding out that all the celebrants had departed for a new destination. And now I have to track down my avatar. . . .but I like the look and feel of the new site, and will enjoy catching up on the news.

welcome. Saw you post on WWAS and hoped you’d find us

5/28/2020 2:12 pm  #26

Welcome back, Nighthawk

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

6/01/2020 11:01 pm  #27

Can you copy and paste to this site? I typed up a long response in a word processor and tried it. It worked once and I haven't got it to work again. Sometimes I think when writing and prefer to rewrite something a few times before actually posting it. 

6/02/2020 9:21 am  #28

This is a test of copying-and-pasting a response.

It's a relatively brief one and uses the "quick post" window at the bottom of this thread.

I'm editing a text file under Windows 10.
Then I'll copy its contents to the clipboard by "select all" "copy"

Now I'll paste it to the posting window using Ctrl-V and clicking  on the Submit button.
(I also couldn't resist making some minor edits inside the message window.)

----
Edited to add.
Yup, that worked.

While editing the post, there's a Preview button available, too.

Last edited by selden (6/02/2020 9:23 am)

Selden

6/02/2020 9:29 am  #29

This is a test of copying-and-pasting a response.

It's another relatively brief one, but uses the "Reply" button at the bottom right of the last posting to this thread.

Again, I'm editing a text file under Windows 10.
Then I'll copy its contents to the clipboard by "select all" "copy"

Now I'll paste it to the posting window using Ctrl-V.

Assuming this works, too, could it be that there's a message size limit?

Also, I'm using Netscape, which I didn't mention in my previous post.
There might be browser-specific problems.

In addition, "Show advanced message editor when posting." is selected in my Forum profile's "viewing options".

Selden

6/05/2020 1:26 pm  #30

joekc6nlx wrote:

I know this isn't the old Shejidan at Innovision, or even Tapatalk, and I think Aja Jin has done a great job on it. 
Is it possible to "Jump to Last Post"? when a selecting a topic, or having the option to "Go to Last Post Automatically" in our personal settings?

Well, I did find a way to go to the last post....in the Index, it will tell you the last post in a particular category, such as The Cherryh Grove.  If you look at the last "poster", it gives the time of that last post, click on it, and you're there.  If someone else already knew about it, I missed the announcement.  ;)

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

Board footera

Contact the Guild