Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/28/2020 10:14 am  #11

Re: Back to the Drawing Board

surgery went well.  One minor complication last night, the incision started bleeding and I woke up with a bloody soaked pillow.  I thought maybe it was just some residual blood, but it kept bleeding, so I went over to the doctor's office and asked them what I should be doing, they sent me to the ER for additional stitches.  Now, I'm also on an antibiotic for the next 2 weeks, and can't take my RA medications.  Physical therapy starts tomorrow.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

5/28/2020 10:20 am  #12

It was great to get the notification of the update in my email, I'd already gone to the site to lurk in hopes. Best wishes for an uneventful recovery and a good outcome.

5/28/2020 10:33 am  #13

Hey you made it!  Hope the recovery stays smooth from here on out.

5/28/2020 2:24 pm  #14

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Joe.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

5/28/2020 5:39 pm  #15

Praying for a good recovery!

“The criminal is a creative artist; detectives are just critics.”
― Hannu Rajaniemi, The Quantum Thief
Joined Sep 2, 2009

5/28/2020 8:28 pm  #16

Hope it’s a smooth ride from here!

One world -- or none

6/05/2020 6:48 pm  #17

Follow up with the surgeon on Wednesday, took Xrays, and he was very happy with what he saw.  My range of motion is tremendously increased, the amount of pain is tremendously decreased.  I've got a long running stitch in the incision plus several smaller ones that were put in by the emergency room doctor.   They come out next week (an ordeal I am NOT looking forward to go through).  The therapist likes what she sees in my performance of the routine tasks they give me, and she taped up my arm to help with the draining of fluids in the tissues.  That way, I don't form a pocket of fluid that can't escape, because the tape squeezes it out of the tissues and back into the bloodstream.  Therapy is twice a week now, I see the surgeon again on the 1st of July.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

6/05/2020 7:10 pm  #18

Good news! Thanks for the update.

6/05/2020 8:07 pm  #19

OH that is good news!

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

6/06/2020 1:47 pm  #20

Good luck and recover well, nadi.

Board footera