Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/02/2024 4:44 pm  #31

Re: Exciting Library News

Absolutely marvelous, Star.  So pleased for you to be able to do this (and quietly jealous, of course).

I assume the baby gate is to stop four legged interlopers.

Looking forward to more photos.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

4/02/2024 4:49 pm  #32

Surtac wrote:

Absolutely marvelous, Star.  So pleased for you to be able to do this (and quietly jealous, of course).

I assume the baby gate is to stop four legged interlopers.

Looking forward to more photos.

Thanks ‘tac. Yes, in a minor miracle, I recently found for the first time such an interloper to whom I am not allergic. She has library privileges only when accompanied 😇

One world -- or none

4/02/2024 5:03 pm  #33

(I am Suitably blown away)

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

4/03/2024 3:41 pm  #34

I am particularly fond of the fact that there is room on most of the shelves for MORE BOOKS!
I am totally out of space on my shelves, and have resorted to triple stacking and other mechanisms. 
We are going to be moving ourselves in about a year, and my spouse, unfortunately, does not share my affection for the books. He is tired of moving them, since they’ve moved about 10 times in 30 years.  He’s probably right that I could have bought them new for the cost of moving them around so much.  

4/03/2024 3:45 pm  #35

You have The Cherryh Odyssey ! Not many of us have that one.

And I'm envious of the free space as well. 

4/03/2024 8:44 pm  #36

Well, we will have to see what happens when The Library is finished. There are many boxes of books on the floor of that future repository, and it remains to be seen whether it will accommodate all of them. More may go into the Nook.
Also - I didn’t mention this - but there will be another room that will house the art books.

One world -- or none

4/03/2024 8:48 pm  #37

Aja Jin wrote:

Hmm, I was not aware if that. Didn’t Ed Carmien make a brief appearance on one of the old Boards?

One world -- or none

4/03/2024 9:49 pm  #38

starexplorer wrote:

Aja Jin wrote:

Hmm, I was not aware if that. Didn’t Ed Carmien make a brief appearance on one of the old Boards?

I believe he did.  Iirc he was announcing / promoting / alerting us to that book's publication.

Well worth acquiring imo for the insight that Jane's chapter / essay gives us on Herself's writing style.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

4/04/2024 11:54 am  #39

Shelf envy. Library envy. Sigh. I'm double stacked on my shelves in the basement, the living room and upstairs. Also the dreaded stair stacks.
Those shelves look beautiful. Have fun filling them
The pet gate should have a haunted house creak!

4/04/2024 12:11 pm  #40

Pence wrote:

Shelf envy. Library envy. Sigh. I'm double stacked on my shelves in the basement, the living room and upstairs. Also the dreaded stair stacks.
Those shelves look beautiful. Have fun filling them
The pet gate should have a haunted house creak!

Thanks pence. I hope the pet gate will be swapped out for a bookcase false door.

i think the shelves will be more full after the actual Library is shelved in a few weeks.

One world -- or none

Board footera

Contact the Guild