Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/30/2020 6:40 pm  #11

Re: SpaceX/NASA manned launch

I'm happy with this, as well. Now the real power can get to work like it did with the airlines.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

5/30/2020 7:39 pm  #12

Lovely so far. Just have to wait for docking now.

And it's great to see the reusability aspects - this is a really significant improvement over past capability levels.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

5/31/2020 9:01 am  #13

They just finished a manual docking demonstration (which was done well away from the station)  and are continuing to hold station 176 meters from the station.

Selden

5/31/2020 9:32 am  #14

Hard docked!

Selden

5/31/2020 10:14 am  #15

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

5/31/2020 11:58 pm  #16

I managed to stay up late enough to get live confirmation of successful soft docking (and some video) from the cience fiends in my twieetdeck feeds.  None of the available tv channels had live cover.

I'm very happy to see this working well with modern technology.

6/01/2020 8:10 am  #17

Surtac-ji,

Am I to understand from this that your Internet service doesn't provide usable access to YouTube? NASA, SpaceX and many other free-to-watch YT channels provided "live" coverage of the event. I put "live" in quotes because there's about a 1-2 minute delay for most live-streams.

These days, free YouTube channels provide most of my "televised" entertainment, including some channels which originate in Australia. There are only a handful of (cable) TV programs that I find watchable.

Selden

6/01/2020 7:16 pm  #18

Am embarrassed to admit I didn't even think of YouTube as an option.  And I know I can access that via our Apple tv link.  Aaarrrrgh!

Will know better for next time.

6/02/2020 9:12 am  #19

I neglected to mention explicitly that most major and minor organizations have a presence on YouTube. That includes ESA, ESO, Hubble, ABC news (Australia), BBC, DW, NHK, and many, many others. I particularly like to watch Scott Manley's channel. He does a very good job of explaining both current and historical space-related topics. He's often recorded himself playing Kerbal Space Program, which he also uses to explain rocket and spaceflight principles.

Selden

6/02/2020 7:43 pm  #20

Thanks, Selden.  I will check out Scott Manley.

And it's time to set up a new #list in Tweetdeck, methinks, to consolidate those I follow in STEM fields.  I find twitter lists are a good way to filter and compartmentalise users and subjects I like to follow.  I refuse to use Farcebook these days.

Board footera

Contact the Guild