Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/02/2023 10:14 am  #1

Jimmy Buffett (1946 - 2023)

The Chief Parrothead passed away peacefully last night, surrounded by family and friends.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

9/02/2023 5:39 pm  #2

Re: Jimmy Buffett (1946 - 2023)

Very sad to hear of this last night.

SWMBO and I changed our wedding date in 1988 because it would have clashed with his concert at the Canberra Theatre that same weekend. Instead we were married on the Saturday and went to his concert the next hight.  We had seats just a few metres from centre stage and the touring band that night included Steve Cropper, Duck Dunn aand Rita Coolidge.   It was a magical night.

RIP, pirate.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

9/03/2023 8:20 am  #3

Time to get out my parrot earrings.
RIP

"You must be mad," said the Cat, "or else you would not have come here."

9/03/2023 8:56 pm  #4

I usually listen to Radio Margarita on SiriusXM, as well as stream it to my desktop.  Lots of songs bringing tears to my eyes.  We aren't just mourning Jimmy Buffett, but what he meant to a lot of people.  "Breathe in, breathe out, move on", "wrinkles only go where the smiles have been", "that's why we follow la vie dansant on the night wind that takes us just where we want, that's all we want, la vie dansant

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

Board footera

Contact the Guild