Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/13/2020 6:12 pm  #11

Re: Forum Feedback

What alerted me was that there were no posts made, no information about the member, and when I checked the old Shejidan residency list, they didn't come up.  Hence, my first inclination was that we were being invaded by bots.  Glad to see that's not the case. 

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

5/13/2020 10:14 pm  #12

Well, welcome in, Roci.  I hope you have a great time and hope we all get to know you better.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

5/15/2020 8:31 am  #13

Welcome, Roci.  Please enjoy some (safe) tea.  One is curious: how did you find us?

5/19/2020 1:12 pm  #14

I'm not a bot, just a gadgetnut.  I'm a very old Shejidani, joined long ago in the time of CKTC aji. For various reasons I dropped out for a while, then was a lurker on occasion.

Glad to be back.

Talent hits a target no one else can hit.  Genius hits a target no one else can see.  
- Arthur Schopenhauer

5/19/2020 3:51 pm  #15

gadgetnut wrote:

I'm not a bot, just a gadgetnut.  I'm a very old Shejidani, joined long ago in the time of CKTC aji. For various reasons I dropped out for a while, then was a lurker on occasion.

Glad to be back.

very good to have you here.   Have a nice "tea"   

5/19/2020 4:30 pm  #16

I remember a Gadgetnut. I was Servogadget on the BorgBBS, and when I went from there to Shejidan I found myself mentally tripping over the name: *blip*- no that's *not* a reply to me. (Especially if the person replying shortened it to 'gadget') A weird way to remember someone, but that's facts.

5/19/2020 4:52 pm  #17

The tea, one presumes, is safe.  Thank you Aja Jin, most calming.(hmmmm, considering your name, perhaps "Wai, most gracious Administrator" is also called for.)

Blond Tekikin, it's been a very, very  long time since I actively participated on the boards, so really you are all to get to know (or know again)..  I'm flattered that you remember the name.  

Talent hits a target no one else can hit.  Genius hits a target no one else can see.  
- Arthur Schopenhauer

5/22/2020 7:06 pm  #18

So what's happening with Boardhost?

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

5/23/2020 5:41 am  #19

it was acting very slowly yesterday afternoon.  A couple of times that I tried to log in, I got the "Boardhost took too long to respond" error from Firefox.

Seems to be okay this morning.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

5/24/2020 4:01 pm  #20

Last night, I tried again, and got nowhere.  I don't know if this a board-wide occurrence or if it's just when an Admin is doing maintenance on Shejidan. No indication of what's causing it, either.

Seems to be all right today, though.

Board footera

Contact the Guild