Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/16/2020 5:09 pm  #11

Re: Eff Cancer

Oh god have mercy.

& to think I was grumbling yesterday about all the extra hoops I had to jump through covid-19-wise to do the bi-annual blood-work that my run-in with lymphoma six years ago sticks me with. Checkups until I die.
But far better checkups with crazy containment measures than this. I had actually thought yesterday that chemo would be hell with how my usual helpers are elderly and being diligent about obeying the stay-at-home order. (Although, funnily, the way the buses are set up would be better.)

& Yes indeed: F! Cancer.

5/16/2020 6:35 pm  #12

My cousin had had a double mastectomy many years ago, but about five years ago they found a tumor on her liver that they believed was a recurrence of the breast cancer. The tumor was initially too large for surgery so she had chemo first. She was treated primarily at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston because her brother is a doctor in that community, but since she lives in Georgia they were able to have most of the chemo delivered at Emory University Hospital. Anyway, after some time the liver mass reduced to the point that it was operable and she has been doing really well ever since. I mention this in case you might have an interest in exploring alternative care options. She received extraordinarily good treatment there. I could find out more if you would be interested.

5/17/2020 10:18 am  #13

You both have my heart-felt sympathy.

Selden

5/17/2020 12:55 pm  #14

Wonder if it's like the one I have to get because the actual cancer med does rude things to bones. May all things turn out for the best for her.

5/17/2020 1:56 pm  #15

Kokipy wrote:

My cousin had had a double mastectomy many years ago, but about five years ago they found a tumor on her liver that they believed was a recurrence of the breast cancer. The tumor was initially too large for surgery so she had chemo first. She was treated primarily at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston because her brother is a doctor in that community, but since she lives in Georgia they were able to have most of the chemo delivered at Emory University Hospital. Anyway, after some time the liver mass reduced to the point that it was operable and she has been doing really well ever since. I mention this in case you might have an interest in exploring alternative care options. She received extraordinarily good treatment there. I could find out more if you would be interested.

I appreciate that. We are just starting, but her entire liver is cancer right now. I have no idea how this is going to go, but I assume we have to have some relief from this before anything else can happen. I will contact you if we get to a point where we can explore other options.
Thank you!

“The criminal is a creative artist; detectives are just critics.”
― Hannu Rajaniemi, The Quantum Thief
Joined Sep 2, 2009

5/18/2020 1:02 pm  #16

Hoping for the best for her. 

7/07/2020 8:01 pm  #17

Thinking of you both, Kardean. Hoping for the best. 

Board footera

Contact the Guild