Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/31/2022 6:55 pm  #1

Updated Natal Day Database

There are many members on this board who have not checked in for over a year, some for much longer.  If I have their birthdays, I would post it in the Audience Chamber under Celebrations.  However, not everyone for whom I have a birthday is on this board, and some on this board for whom I don't have a birthday.  I presume that those who have not given me their birthdays wish it to be private, and I will continue to honor that wish.  If any others who want their birthdays to be private, please PM me here and I will remove your name from the list.I have retained the old list just in case someone who has been away for a while decides to visit Shejidan.
The new list consists of 20 members.  The old list had 51 members' birthdays, but not everyone on that list was on this board, either.

Last edited by joekc6nlx (12/31/2022 6:56 pm)

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

12/31/2022 8:12 pm  #2

Re: Updated Natal Day Database

This is a good policy. Might I add that an attempt to contact these people could benefit the group as a whole?

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

12/31/2022 10:34 pm  #3

Agreed.  I know who the usual regular suspects are here.  It would be nice to also know who the remaining lurkers are.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

1/02/2023 4:44 pm  #4

Just to clarify, and also,thank you to those who sent me their birthdays, the only names I removed were those members who have not logged onto this site since before January 1, 2022.  I have not scrapped the original list, it's a secondary file.  Rest assured, I have kept the regular members on the list.If I can use the "email" link on the Users' List, I'll try to contact as many of those who are now off the new list, and invite them to come back.

EDIT:  Well, I THOUGHT there was an email function that would send the message to the user's email address without actually showing that address if they wanted it to remain private.  But that must have been the old board, not this one. 

Last edited by joekc6nlx (1/02/2023 4:47 pm)

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

Board footera

Contact the Guild