Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/28/2022 5:16 pm  #1

teaching

First of all, let me say that I almost never substitute for another teacher. I have a prep period so I can prepare for the next class and work on my grades. Today, my supervisor called me personally and asked if I would sell my prep period and substitute for a teacher who was not there today. I thought "sure why not?" Normally like I said, I wouldn't do it. She said he had not submitted a lesson plan so it was a "glorified Baby-sitting stint." Ok, sure. I put on French Pop music and told the kids not to kill each other. Then they told me that they had only seen the teacher the first two weeks and he just doesn't show up. School started here 7 weeks ago. They said he doesn't post anything on his class website. Even I do that! I walked into the supervisor's office and told her how concerned I was that the teacher would do this. She said they were dealing with this in a disciplinary manner. I am just wondering why he thinks he still works at the school.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

9/28/2022 10:12 pm  #2

Re: teaching

Are they that short of teachers in the systems that the feel they need to keep him?

We have a chronic shortage of qualified teachers in our local systems, but I'm not sure that behaviour would be tolerated.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

Board footera

Contact the Guild