Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/15/2020 6:00 pm  #1

Eff Cancer

Two years ago my wife had a mastectomy. The cancer metastasized and is now in her liver and on her spine and several other bones. Her liver is completely compromised. She was doing P90x and PIYO and walking 6 miles a day 6 days out of 7 just two months ago and now she can barely make it to the living room to lay down on the couch. She just started chemo on Wednesday. Trying to keep hope alive. She is only 52.

I am beside myself.

“The criminal is a creative artist; detectives are just critics.”
― Hannu Rajaniemi, The Quantum Thief
Joined Sep 2, 2009

5/15/2020 6:46 pm  #2

Re: Eff Cancer

So sorry to hear this.  Best wishes to both of you. 

5/15/2020 6:46 pm  #3

Oh, Kadean. I am so very sorry to hear that. I hope the chemo works for her. It’s tough to get through. Let us know how things go. A number of Shejidanis have been through this so you will have informed as well as deeply sympathetic listeners here.

5/15/2020 8:08 pm  #4

One certainly hopes the chemo does the trick. 

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

5/15/2020 8:54 pm  #5

So sad, my friend.  Prayers for the two of you.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

5/15/2020 9:07 pm  #6

D*mn.  This sounds very similar to the sequence of events that took my mother-in-law years back.

So sorry to hear this. I really hate cancer.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

5/16/2020 3:24 am  #7

So sorry to hear this. Hoping for a good response to chemo! So difficult. Please let us know how the two of you are doing. 

One world -- or none

5/16/2020 6:21 am  #8

All my good wishes and thoughts are with you and your wife.

"You must be mad," said the Cat, "or else you would not have come here."

5/16/2020 11:43 am  #9

In her liver, bones and spinal cord? Not good. Having had my own bout of cancer less than one year back, I sympathize entirely with the both of you. May you both have the strength to do what must be done.

5/16/2020 3:35 pm  #10

It's not on the cord, just the bones. She is taking an injection that strengthens the bones now. I appreciate all the kind thoughts.

“The criminal is a creative artist; detectives are just critics.”
― Hannu Rajaniemi, The Quantum Thief
Joined Sep 2, 2009

Board footera

Contact the Guild