Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/11/2020 6:30 pm  #1

Forum Feedback

I know this isn't the old Shejidan at Innovision, or even Tapatalk, and I think Aja Jin has done a great job on it. 
Is it possible to add the "Back to Top" buttons to the pages? 
Is it possible to "Jump to Last Post"? when a selecting a topic, or having the option to "Go to Last Post Automatically" in our personal settings?

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

5/11/2020 10:32 pm  #2

Re: Forum Feedback

I agree, Joe.  Aja jin has done an excellent job with the initial setup.  I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the design when I first arrived here.

Your questions are reasonable too - I also have wondered along similar lines.  I have noticed that clicking on Index any where it appears at the left edge of the screen seems to take me back to a top level index, as it were, but I haven't played with the settings enough to be able to answer your other queries yet.  Hopefully, there are solutions to be found.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

5/12/2020 6:04 am  #3

upon further reflection, instead of "last post", it would be more beneficial to go to "First Unread Post" in the thread, as there might be several posts in between the last post the user read and the last post in the thread. 

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

5/12/2020 7:19 am  #4

I will investigate, but based on what I’ve seen, there are no controls or settings that would allow these modifications. 

5/12/2020 11:19 am  #5

All good ideas. However, I can't see any way to implement them. 

I realize everyone that has poked around probably has found these, but here a a couple of useful things that are built-in.

On the main page upper right, 

the Show new: posts is useful. Each entry has a "go to post" link. 

Also, when browsing by sub-forum, there is s "Go to new posts" function. 

Free Association, Part 3 by HRHSpence
=0.85em4/22/2020 10:35 am
  1 2 3 … 9  Go to new posts ]

5/13/2020 2:36 pm  #6

New Issue....how are we defending against bots?  I've seen two new accounts that apparently are bots.  Roci was one yesterday and gadgetnut is another one today.....

5/13/2020 2:59 pm  #7

both of those are old shejidani returning

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

5/13/2020 4:33 pm  #8

joekc6nlx wrote:

New Issue....how are we defending against bots?  I've seen two new accounts that apparently are bots.  Roci was one yesterday and gadgetnut is another one today.....

There are also 3 questions to answer, which hopefully will help.

Always good to stay aware tho!  

5/13/2020 5:53 pm  #9

joekc6nlx wrote:

HRHSpence wrote:

both of those are old shejidani returning

I was neither, but I appreciate the thoughts and concerns! I'm a new reader and came to start a thread about one of Cherryh's books I've been reading, but decided not to until I finish the whole series. The three security questions should work fairly well. The last one took me a bit to remember, but I can proudly say I knew all the answers without googling.

Last edited by Roci (5/13/2020 5:54 pm)

5/13/2020 6:06 pm  #10

I think the three questions are a good first line of defense, for now at least.  I approved Roci's membership on the basis of their answers to those questions (and a wry smile at their choice of moniker, btw.)

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

Board footera

Contact the Guild