Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/02/2021 6:10 pm  #1

audio

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this question, but anyway ...
   I have greatly enjoyed the audiobook editions of Ms. Cherryh's works that have been released to date, and I have been waiting -- certainly not patiently, I will confess -- for the latest two in the Foreigner series to be thus released.  In vain.  Does anyone know what the status of those books might be?  Publisher's Web site provides no information that I can unearth.

11/04/2021 6:54 pm  #2

Re: audio

Hi byrdstation1
I'm afraid I can't add much to the discussion.  Like you, I'm hoping someone has information on the status of audiobook versions of Resurgence and Divergence. I've really enjoyed Daniel Thomas May's presentation.

Talent hits a target no one else can hit.  Genius hits a target no one else can see.  
- Arthur Schopenhauer

11/04/2021 7:04 pm  #3

Have you checked at  https://www.closed-circle.net/  This is CJ's and Jane's collaboration with Lynn Abbey on their own books.  If you would like to communicate directly with CJ, here is her blog: https://www.cherryh.com/WaveWithoutAShore/  She puts out a lot of information there, and you might find your answers, or she might be able to directly respond to your question.  I have no idea who publishes the audio books, so can't help you there, but maybe the links will point you in the right direction.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

11/04/2021 7:21 pm  #4

Curiosity led me to check out Audible.com for Cherryh audiobooks in light of your question, Byrdstation1.

Sadly I was unable to positively answer your query - it seems that there are some but not all of the Foreigner books available in audio and not the ones you are seeking as yet.  However I was surprised to see a dramatised version of Downbelow Station is available.  Has anyone tried that and if so, how is it?

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

11/04/2021 9:59 pm  #5

No luck at Closed Circle. 

Unhappily, I have a problem with access to Wave Without a Shore.  I established a login many years ago with an email that's no longer available and of course I don't know the password to that account.  I tried an updated username, but for some reason never got an acknowledgment email, and now both my preferred username and numbered versions of it as well as my current email come back as "already registered" and yet no luck with "forgot my password." Sigh. I'm not really sure how to correct - probably quite a mess with the attempted accounts.

Talent hits a target no one else can hit.  Genius hits a target no one else can see.  
- Arthur Schopenhauer

11/05/2021 2:29 am  #6

I have not listened to Downbelow, but the Foreigners, the Chanurs and -- especially -- Serpent's Reach have all been terrific.  Hence my weekly check on A\udible/Brilliance new releases.  Someday ... one hopes.

1/11/2022 1:52 pm  #7

I was told today by an audiobook retailer that both the books are on the publisher's release list but that specific dates have not been given. So, apparently  Resurgence and Divergence ARE coming but when is up in the air.  Hope springs eternal, as they say.

1/11/2022 5:47 pm  #8

I actually have the opposite problem with another author.  He sold a trilogy to Audible who have exclusive rights for a certain period, before other formats are then allowed.  That period hasn't yet expired for the third book, so I have the first two titles now on kindle, but have to wait until later this year before the third book comes off audio-only.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

1/12/2022 9:05 am  #9

The idea of a dramatizarion of Downbelow Station has made me breathless with gleeful greedy anticipation! Surtac, please say more about that! 

Board footera

Contact the Guild