Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2021 10:26 pm  #11

Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all

Being quite a few hours ahead of the US (GMT+13= 18 to 21 hours for those of us in the Lower 48), they've already posted their reactions. While they greatly enjoyed the turkey, they were blown away by the pumpkin pie. They used Mary Stewart's recipes for pie and sausage stuffing. Everything was scratch-made, including cooking a pumpkin. I have to admit that I don't think I've ever had a pumpkin pie that wasn't made from the canned variety.

Selden

11/25/2021 8:32 am  #12

Wishing a Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.
One thing I am thankful for.....Shejidan!

"You must be mad," said the Cat, "or else you would not have come here."

11/25/2021 11:41 am  #13

Happy Thanksgiving everyone 

11/25/2021 4:12 pm  #14

Happy Thanksgiving to all! However you choose to spend the day, I hope you have a wonderful time.

11/27/2021 4:10 am  #15

Just finished the dishes from Day#2. Stargirl is back from her freshman year of college, her first visit home since she left. Consequently we did not undertake our usual pilgrimage to the Philadelphia area where the rest of my family reside, it being of the utmost importance that she spend all available time visiting with her long lost high school friends. So we went uncharacteristically to my brother-in-law’s family for Thanksgiving Day, and for the sake of nuclear family togetherness, we did a second turkey and a second dinner tonight at home, just the 4 of us. A lot of work, a lot of food, but a splendid time was had by most! Hope all who celebrated had a lovely time!

One world -- or none

Board footera

Contact the Guild