Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/19/2021 6:04 pm  #1

NPR’s Reader Poll on best SFF books of the last decade

One world -- or none

8/19/2021 6:28 pm  #2

Re: NPR’s Reader Poll on best SFF books of the last decade

Yes.  I saw this yesterday (via a Neil Gaiman tweet in which he says he loves everything about it - including why he's not on it).

Nice to see our own Hautdesert on it and also involved as one of the judges, was my first reaction.  I'm still ruminating on the rest of the article - haven't got my thoughts together yet.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

8/19/2021 10:17 pm  #3

I've come across some of these books. Was interested in the second & third of Hautdesert's Radch series but the bookstore was out of them and I've been out of money ever since. I may have to investigate some of these.

8/20/2021 2:07 pm  #4

I have not read nearly all of them, and am excited to look for those I haven’t read. I agree with some of the ones that made it to the list In particular, Hautdesert’s works 👍 and I have said here I really liked A Mamory Called Empire. 

8/20/2021 7:04 pm  #5

I can wholly and heartily recommend the Joe Abercrombie books and the Adrian Tchaikovsky titles also.  Both authors are on my 'must read everything' list and I've already pre-ordered Joe's next, due next month.

A Memory Called Empire is already in my TBR stack / queue.  

I have more thoughts about other members of the list but haven't articulated them yet.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

8/22/2021 9:23 am  #6

Circe is $5 in the Kindle store today, just bought it.  I'll look for some of the others.

9/21/2021 7:28 am  #7

I started the Fonda Lee book from this list, Jade City, but it is not doing anything for me. I think the writing is clunky. 

Board footera

Contact the Guild