Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2020 12:58 pm  #1

Birthday Thread and Other Celebrations

We'll be holding the Birthday Thread in this forum, as well as other celebrations, such as marriages, anniversaries, births, etc.  Rather than one forum for each type of celebration, we plan to continue the method we used on the old site, that of starting a new topic for each celebration, so that they'll all be in one place on the board. 
Please check in to join us in the celebrations for the members. 
I have a list of the birthdays, but I would ask that you post your own marriage, anniversary, and birth announcements (not your own birth, please
Thanks, joekc6nlx

Last edited by joekc6nlx (4/25/2020 7:50 pm)

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

4/21/2021 6:34 am  #2

Re: Birthday Thread and Other Celebrations

The old board would automatically post birthdays and ages.  This board doesn't have the capability to post automatically, so I've cobbled a database of birthdays of members from the old board.  I didn't include year of birth, so I won't be posting ages, but if I don't have your birthday, I won't be able to post it. 
I am leaving it to the individual member whether or not we post their birthday.  Some of the members who have signed in later are not in the database and I have no way to obtain their birthdates other than if they send them to me.  If you prefer not to have your birthday published and I have published it within the past year, PM me and I'll remove it from the list of "postable" birthdays.  If you haven't seen your birthday posted and would like it posted, please PM me and I'll add it to the list.  Either way, it's still kabiu.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

4/22/2021 5:28 pm  #3

I have sent PMs to the members whose birthdays aren't listed. 

4/22/2021 9:00 pm  #4

Great idea - well done!

One world -- or none

9/01/2023 6:46 am  #5

Today is CJC's birthday.  Neither she nor Jane come here, but if you can do so on her Facebook page, or by email, or even in person (lucky you), please wish her a Happy Birthday.

Board footera

Contact the Guild