Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/24/2020 9:33 pm  #51

Re: The Biography Thread

Sean
A slightly belated welcome Ashmire, care for more  ?

Posted: 7:38 AM - Feb 13, 2015
smartcat
Late but running to catch up....

Welcome Ashmire,  and  are being served on the balcony today.

Posted: 9:23 AM - Feb 14, 2015
the mule
Welcome in Ashmire. Do help yourself to 

Posted: 3:39 PM - Feb 02, 2018
scenario_dave
Thank you for letting me join this group. I've been trying to sign up for 3 months and finally the site let me post. Yeah.

I've been a fan of Ms. Cherryh's work since the late 1970's when I bought a used copy of the Faded Sun Trilogy. I enjoy all of her work but I prefer the more Science Fiction work to the fantasy work. I've read and reread the Foreigner books about 10 times each.

Thanks again.

Posted: 4:32 PM - Feb 02, 2018
hrhspence
You're welcome, Dave! Anywhere you can see now is permissible for you to post. So, post where you want.

Posted: 9:14 PM - Feb 02, 2018
scenario_dave
Thank you. I've wanted to talk to other Cj Cherry fans for a long time. It's fun to be able to call someone a salad and know that they know what I'm talking about.

My son went off to college a couple of years ago. We have a good relationship but sometimes its just like we run out of things to say. Both of us love to read and have our favorite authors. When I told him that I was excited when I asked a question on my favorite authors website and she actually personally answered me, it really gave me a thrill like when I was 10 years old. It was really cool that even though he's not a Cherry fan, he understood why I would be thrilled to actually have a chance to talk to one of my favorite authors. A few months later he got a chance to skype with one of his favorite authors and he e-mailed me to talk about it. We connected.

I love being able to talk about stuff like manchi without having to spend 3 paragraphs trying to explain what it is.

Posted: 9:15 PM - Feb 03, 2018
Xheralt
Yep, welcome to the craziness, salad  -- baji-naji! 

Posted: 12:28 PM - Feb 04, 2018
the mule
Welcome in Dave-nadi, help yourself to 

Posted: 6:08 PM - Sep 29, 2019
Mitha
Hi Y'All,

Not really a biography here, just posting to say Hello, I've missed you, and I hope you are all doing OK.

I see you have a new place on the web!  I typed in (new computer) the old site and was extraordinarily bummed to find it non-functional. Some poking areound got me here. Very happy to see some familiar names!

Hoping to stop by more often. 

Best wishes!

Posted: 9:52 AM - Sep 30, 2019
Aja Jin
Welcome back, please stay a while,   

Last edited by Kardaen (4/24/2020 9:35 pm)

“The criminal is a creative artist; detectives are just critics.”
― Hannu Rajaniemi, The Quantum Thief
Joined Sep 2, 2009

4/24/2020 9:36 pm  #52

Re: The Biography Thread

The Biography Thread
Page 46 of 46

Posted: 11:59 AM - Oct 01, 2019
starexplorer
Hey Mitha, Great to hear from you! All times are UTC-04:00

Page 46 of 46

Last edited by Kardaen (4/24/2020 9:36 pm)

“The criminal is a creative artist; detectives are just critics.”
― Hannu Rajaniemi, The Quantum Thief
Joined Sep 2, 2009

Board footera

Contact the Guild