Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/08/2021 11:33 am  #1

Mad Doesn't Even Begin To Cover It...

I ordered a chest freezer 2 months ago.  It was on back order for 8 weeks, and scheduled delivery was June 8, today.  They called last night to say they'd be here between 0745-1145 to deliver it.  I had a pathway cleared out for them to bring it in through the front door.  No, they wanted to bring it in through the back door.  Well, I have a deck and a spa on that deck that takes up a lot of room.  They said they couldn't put it where I wanted it, so I told them to take it back. 
Several beefs:  1:  They didn't show up until 1155, after calling me at 1025 and saying it would be 30 minutes.  Uh-huh.  2.  They made it as though it's my fault that they can't deliver it.  Yes, they can, they wouldn't put the freezer on its end and take it down the stairs that way.  I took a similar freezer down there 9 years ago, and we put in a new washer and dryer, and took the old ones away (and they were bigger than the freezer).  So, I'm going to limp along on my old freezer and hope it doesn't conk out.  The damned thing frosts up and doesn't seal properly, but okay, I'll find a way to manage. 
Customer service called me and explained, and I explained back to them that I told them last week to bring it in through the front door.  That I would have a path cleared, and they might have to open the back door to get maneuvered, but it wouldn't be that hard to do (if they put the freezer on its end like I suggested). 
Now, the company has a bad rap with me, and they really shouldn't have to, but they don't control the delivery people, those are subcontractors.  I am not happy at all. 

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

6/11/2021 2:06 pm  #2

Re: Mad Doesn't Even Begin To Cover It...

Okay, I'm a nice guy.  I went over to the store and spoke with the manager and explained what happened from my side of the story.  Bottom line:  They're going to deliver the freezer on Thursday, although I will not
have them take it down to the basement.  They can leave it in the middle of the living room floor, and if they won't take it through the front door, I'll just have them leave it on the driveway and I'll bring it in myself.  I'm not dealing with these guys.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

6/29/2021 10:04 am  #3

Back from vacation and scrolling through everything that happened while I was away.  But this last message leaves me curious--is there a freezer in your living room?  Did the delivery people even show up? Please update!

6/29/2021 11:16 am  #4

ah, sorry, Nighthawk...nobody else commented so I thought it was a dead issue.  Well, actually, they didn't deliver it that day, nor did they deliver it on the next day scheduled.  I finally got it on Friday, June 25, and yes, they did put it in my basement.  So, now I'm transferring the stuff from the old freezer to the new one, and then I'll defrost and move the old freezer out of the house and out to the curb for disposal.  I'm sure that the city won't take it, because there's a guy who drives around looking for old appliances.  He took my old washing machine a few years ago, maybe he'll take this freezer.  It works, it's just old and the seals are bad.

Board footera

Contact the Guild