Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2021 7:48 pm  #1

One Has Become a Lady of Leisure

As of COB on March 26, I retired from the Federal workforce (most recently, the Digital Innovation and Design Branch of the Office of Public Affairs of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission) after more than 30 years of employment.  (I worked a decade before that as a technical copy editor for journals at a couple of science non-profits.)
Of course, doing so in the time of pandemic is not quite what one had anticipated ... 

4/14/2021 11:49 am  #2

Re: One Has Become a Lady of Leisure

congrats on joining the retirement guild !

4/14/2021 5:07 pm  #3

Pretty cool!

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

4/14/2021 6:55 pm  #4

Congratulations, Cho!

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

4/14/2021 9:13 pm  #5

Retirement is a awesome gig, congratulations! I retired a year ago (great timing, right?) but staying home meant getting projects done. Things will open up this summer, and the travel trailer will be getting a workout.

The world isn't perfect,that's why it's beautiful

4/15/2021 10:02 am  #6

Congrats on making it 35 yrs in the work force. Not something seen these days.

4/16/2021 4:24 pm  #7

I remember back in 1990, when I was a newly licensed ham radio operator (KC6NLX), I heard guys on the air talk about being retired. "I don't know how I found the time to do all the things I'm doing when I was working, because I sure don't have the time to do those things now that I'm retired."  I thought they were being funny, until I retired....yep, I can get pretty busy...mainly with volunteer stuff, but it keeps me out of trouble...usually.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

Board footera

Contact the Guild