Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2021 3:19 pm  #1

Things That Brighten Your Day

Sometimes, just a little moment can put a smile on your face and brighten your day. I have just had such a moment.

I've been trying to wrap up Babylon 5, slowly going through an episode a week or so. Today, I watched the 8th episode of season 4. Despite the unfortunate numbers they would pose in the Atevi world, it has turned out to be a stroke of good fortune. In a news broadcast during the episode, the networks lists important historical events that happened on the same day as the episode takes place. The first historical event they listed was Yuri Gagarin orbiting Earth "300 years ago today." Today in real life happens to be the exact same anniversary. I feel very fortunate indeed!

Last edited by Roci (4/12/2021 3:56 pm)

4/12/2021 5:55 pm  #2

Re: Things That Brighten Your Day

I liked Babylon 5 from the first time I saw it.  I have a couple of the DVDs for the movies, but none for the series or episodes.  I haven't watched it in years, and I know that some channel is airing, but I don't have TV and I refuse to stream videos.  I just don't have an interest in doing so.  I guess one of these days, I'll find a set of the DVDs (not BluRay) and hook myself up with them.  Was not happy with Season 5, but I understand the issues that arose with the production.  I could leave the telepaths out of the story completely, and enjoy it just as much...actually more!

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

4/13/2021 8:13 pm  #3

Re: Things That Brighten Your Day

Never got into Babylon-5 myself - I was more comfortable with Voyager, and, to a lesser extent, Enterprise.

The Gagarin anniversary I found to be a little bittersweet.  His achievement is important and worth celebrating, but I'm also reminded that it's just over 18 years since another example of the aircraft he died in ( a MiG 15 trainer) crashed here in Canberra, also killing those on board.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

Board footera

Contact the Guild