Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2021 1:29 pm  #11

Re: Hapless outrage

so sorry to hear, Griffin-ji

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

3/03/2021 1:56 pm  #12

If you're looking for a place to start comparisons of external hard drives:

https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-external-hard-drives

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

3/03/2021 4:00 pm  #13

Thank you joe nandi.

3/03/2021 5:41 pm  #14

good luck

3/03/2021 7:00 pm  #15

Griffie -- a disaster. My commiserations. That happened to me 2 computers ago, fortunately before I created my website.  Who was your web host? Do they have a copy on their server?
The loss of your artwork, emphasis on WORK, is what I would consider the main loss. But it sounds like you found those files somewhere else. Such a relief.

After my crash I started using an external hard drive to copy my computer's content. Of course, I don't do it as often as I should. The pills don't work if they are in the bottle, the hard drive back up don't work if you don't back up !!!

Last edited by lynxlacelady (3/03/2021 7:08 pm)

Wild about cats, handmade lace, CJ Cherryh.   politics junkie

3/04/2021 12:16 pm  #16

So sorry to hear this Griffin-ji. So frustrating!

One world -- or none

3/08/2021 9:09 pm  #17

Griffin-ji, ugh, and double-ugh!  I have an external drive that I backup oh, when I think about it, which isn't often enough. 
No quilts here except a couple my grandmother made, but I'd love to see pictures!  Perhaps Ready was the lucky recipient 

The world isn't perfect,that's why it's beautiful

3/10/2021 6:02 pm  #18

things like this are what make me scared of losing my laptop- currently my only available machine. I am about $800+ into a $3k savings goal I set in order to buy a new computer that has the specs I want (beefy, big memory, hefty GPU, meant for heavy duty gaming and VR, and able to hold it's own with things like Unreal Engine, etc)

Here's hoping the Old Girl hangs in there until I can get the Big Boy.

3/15/2021 7:49 am  #19

Griffinmoon, would you like a photo of my quilt? Would be so happy to send one to you, if you need it/would like it. It is on the wall in my office that people see on Zoom calls and they all always ask about it 

3/15/2021 10:08 am  #20

Oh, thank you ever so much. Yes, I would.

Board footera

Contact the Guild