Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/24/2021 11:25 am  #21

Re: Vaccination status?

Still trying to help my 86 year old mother get vaccinated in PA. They don’t seem to be doing a great job there.

One world -- or none

2/24/2021 9:12 pm  #22

I dropped out of the study since my veins cannot take the process of drawing blood. I talked to the director of the study and he understood my dropping out, though he was really disappointed.  It turns out I was in the placebo group so I got the first real shot today through the School District where I teach.  I get my 2nd shot on St Paddy's day.  I'll wear green.

Last edited by HRHSpence (2/24/2021 9:43 pm)

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

3/03/2021 10:44 am  #23

Second Moderna vaccine this morning!  I'm relieved and happy, it's only been a couple of hours so probably any side effects will appear later.  I was with the same people that got the first vaccine with me a month ago, we were all waving, and smiling behind our masks, and pulling out our phones to let the world know.

3/04/2021 6:40 am  #24

I have an appointment through my town for the first shot in a week, second a few weeks later.
The town actually sent the police out to all over 75 residents, with instructions on how to register. The thinking was that the older would not all have computer skills to register online. 
I will be glad when I am through all the medical stuff for the year. Colonoscopy last week as f/u for surgery a year ago. (All clear and looking great. Four more years to be completely clear) Annual physical today, covid shot next week, tooth being pulled the week after, then regular dental stuff. All accompanied by covid test, x-rays, bloodwork, what have you.  It's always sumthin'!

"You must be mad," said the Cat, "or else you would not have come here."

3/04/2021 7:06 am  #25

After almost 24 hours, no fever, chills, aches except a slight one in my arm.  This wraps up everything until I get back to Iowa in May, when I'll see doctor, dentist, get hearing aids checked, all that.  I'm feeling so grateful to have the vaccine, even though I'll still wear a mask and distance (which isn't required in my state, I have one of "those" governors).

3/04/2021 10:24 am  #26

Still no chance of vaccine. Massachusetts has really messed up on distribution. The governor has apparently decided that Cape Cod doesn't exist.

3/04/2021 12:12 pm  #27

Pence wrote:

Still no chance of vaccine. Massachusetts has really messed up on distribution. The governor has apparently decided that Cape Cod doesn't exist.

Same with Pennsylvania. My 86 year old mother still doesn’t have an appointment for vaccination. Tremendous discrepancies among states. Sucks!

One world -- or none

3/05/2021 8:37 am  #28

This should be the last update from me, so I'll summarize a bit.  My group (old folks in Iowa) became eligible February 1.  I got an email January 29 from UIHC (University Hospitals and Clinics, where I get all my medical care) with a link to make an appointment, I had my first dose of Moderna February 3 at a clinic they were running.  They said they had 1,000 doses for vaccinations that day.  They scheduled my second shot for March 3 while I was in the post-vaccination waiting area for the mandatory 15 minutes.  

Just to be clear, UIHC had a sign-up available for people wanting the vaccine who weren't getting their medical care through them.  They said they were making appointments available at random from those signed up, whether they were ongoing patients or not, so I was lucky to be chosen early.

Second shot March 3 at 7:30 AM.  I don't think I've seen so many joyful people in the entire past year. Yesterday evening (March 4) I was feeling a bit chilly and wrapped up in my winter robe, eventually it occurred to me to take my temperature and it was about a degree higher than normal.  Other than that, I had no side effects except a slightly sore arm.  I'm feeling very fortunate, especially since Iowa was near the bottom in how it handled the pandemic.

I'm sorry to hear about all the struggles to get appointments for the vaccine, and how differently it's going depending on where you happen to live.  I hope it's not much longer until there's enough supply for everyone. 

3/11/2021 7:57 am  #29

I got my first shot (Moderna) yesterday.  It was through my town and given at a local grammar school. It was very efficient and well run. The shot itself was easier than the flu shot.
Today I have some stiffness at the shot site and I woke up with a headache. That could be from the shot or allergies.
It was 45 F. at seven o'clock this morning. It's amazing what a little sun and temps above fifty do for my state of mind.

"You must be mad," said the Cat, "or else you would not have come here."

3/11/2021 5:27 pm  #30

One more week of failure to get my nose in on the state website. Bah

Board footera

Contact the Guild