Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/16/2020 6:53 pm  #1

Cats

The new felt cat cave just arrived. Got it due to the New Cat taking over the Old Cat's spot in the tower/condo. The mouth of it is skosh small for the Old Cat. Hopefully, it'll expand a bit due to use and maybe the Old Cat will loose tiny bit more weight.
He showed interest in it as New Thing, but only got his nose to approach it. Got a few bits of kibble and he *dived* for it. Won't get all of himself into it, but it's a start.
'Course, the New Cat is all over it. Major case of "what's yours is mine", that one.

12/16/2020 8:37 pm  #2

Re: Cats

What do they think of the box?  

12/16/2020 10:32 pm  #3

No box. It came ion a bag. Neither one are big on boxes. One or two sits and they're done.

12/28/2020 9:23 am  #4

I have a borrowed cat for a couple of weeks while my granddaughter is on vacation; he's been here before so I knew to save some boxes for him. He especially likes ones just large enough to curl up in, although he doesn't turn up his nose at bigger ones. 

3/03/2021 7:12 pm  #5

When I have bought cat beds made by somebody else I have often noted that the cats avoid the new thing. The solution I worked out was to run it through the washing machine with just a teeny bit of detergent. Gets rid of all that smell that annoys the cat, but which I can't detect. Seems to solve the problem. Also helps to run the skin side of my recently worn clothing all over the inside of the bed. Smells like home. Must be safe.

Wild about cats, handmade lace, CJ Cherryh.   politics junkie

3/03/2021 10:01 pm  #6

I've lined it with one of the towels they sit on at the window sill. Nada. I have the least catlike cats ever, I think. Don't do nip, turn up their noses at real fresh fish/chicken, don't do boxes--and the Old Boy has the worst hygiene I've ever seen in a cat. I could see it when he looked like a beachball and couldn't reach his butt, but he's lost all that weight and can reach things now. Hae to wonder just how much his mother taught him as a stray/feral kitten.

Last edited by Griffinmoon (3/04/2021 11:55 pm)

3/04/2021 6:05 pm  #7

My guy also refuses real salmon and othe meats. He only likes 1 flavor of 1 manufacturer's canned food. But he will eat dry food, if I stick to the brand he is used to. Cats can drive you nuts. Getting a cat to lose weight must be a real battle. My guy lets me know when the dish is empty. He REALLY lets me know. Pokes at my arm with his claws out. Scowls, meow with an insistence.

3/04/2021 7:25 pm  #8

Mine get dry food, premium grade, and yes, it's a bit expensive, but then, they eat better than I do.  I even leave some out on the front porch for the neighborhood cats.  It's not unusual to walk out the front door and see three of them sitting on the porch waiting on me to fill the dish.  Mine are pretty insistent that the dish is empty if they can see the bottom of the dish through a couple of pieces of kibble.  Immediately, the alarm goes out and they're on me to come fill the dish, no matter what hour of the night.
No milk or other dairy products.  Once in a great while, I'll empty the water from a can of tuna into their dish.  If I buy turkey breast, I'll give a small piece to the oldest, she's the only one who gets it, and not very much, too much sodium, and for the same reason, they don't get a lot of treats.  Funny how the shyest one is the one most affected by catnip, she'll roll in it, and generally go nuts for a while.  Her sister hardly seems to notice it.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

3/04/2021 10:25 pm  #9

I can remember an event with my first cat. I got a letter in the mail with a hand written address. The cat immediately grabbed it out of my hand and started clawing at it. Pairs of punctures happened. When I openied it, a lace friend had sent a catnip sprig from her garden, special for the cat. Who got the message.

Board footera

Contact the Guild