Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/03/2021 5:28 am  #11

Re: Vaccination status?

Griffinmoon wrote:

NY is having some confusion about do we have or don't we have enough, and so far only for 75+ non-essential. It's projected to b this fall before I could get one. So, I sit and twiddle my thumbs in the best fashion.

i would be very surprised if you will wait until fall. With the new vaccines coming on board soon, possible help from the Defense Production Act, and excess supply due to those who opt out, I think a reasonable guess would be sometime between late April and July. But we shall see. Hoping for you that it will be soon! 

One world -- or none

2/03/2021 3:54 pm  #12

I am interested in hearing how you react to your second dose, Star-ji.  I am very glad to hear that you were given the shot.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

2/03/2021 3:56 pm  #13

It was pretty amazing.  My appointment was at opening time, 7:30.  There were people to guide us to the parking area, people to direct us to the building, and staff at every point through the process.  Schedulers came around while we were in the mandatory post-vaccination waiting area to get our second shot on the calendar.  We received colored stickers on our coats to tell us what time we could leave, and a person was stationed at the exit to see that we didn't sneak out early.  This site planned to vaccinate a thousand people today.  I had the Moderna vaccine, and after about seven hours I have no side effects, not even a sore arm at the vaccination site.

2/03/2021 8:35 pm  #14

I'm 77 and live in a Chicago suburb. I've register with the county health department, my primary care physician, Walgreen's and my pharmach. Told them all to email me. Nothing. Nada. What we are hearing locally is that we should go to our personal physician as the first choice. So That is what I'm doing. Checking my email every day. Waiting for them to contact me. Waiting. Waiting.

Wild about cats, handmade lace, CJ Cherryh.   politics junkie

2/04/2021 2:32 pm  #15

We got the Pfizer, for what it’s worth. 

2/05/2021 3:52 am  #16

So my second dose of the Moderna vaccine went very smoothly. They seemed to have streamlined the process since the first one. Very mild arm soreness, but otherwise no difficulties after 36 hours.

Good news on the vaccine front in general recently, most importantly encouraging news regarding the South African strain, which I think has been of greatest concern. J and J reported results of their trials (as well as applied for emergency approval in the US). J and J vaccine lower efficacy than Pfizer and Moderna, BUT:
particularly striking data because this vaccine trial had a site in South Africa, where nearly all the cases of covid-19 were due to infection with the dominant variant there, known as B.1.351. When it came to protecting against symptomatic disease, the vaccine appeared to be less effective in South Africa (57 percent) compared with the United States (72 percent), but it prevented all cases of hospitalizations with the B.1.351 variant, too. So prevention of infection would be ideal, but prevention of severe disease, including hospitalization and death is great news. Reason for hope, for now at least, that the current vaccines will remain effective, and with luck for enough time to contain the pandemic. Boosters maybe later.

In another development, the Russian vaccine finally completed some real trials and in contrast to the early expectation of poor performance and premature approval, it looks to be about 91% effective. Russia is anxious to sell this in the developing world, so this could be another good option for vaccinating the world. 

One world -- or none

2/05/2021 8:19 am  #17

Still waiting here in RI for info for sign-up. Toes crossed it's soon.

"You must be mad," said the Cat, "or else you would not have come here."

2/05/2021 10:56 am  #18

Good to hear Star-ji, and good luck, Smartcat.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

2/09/2021 6:24 pm  #19

I'm 61, but "high risk" die to high blood pressure (under control with meds), so I registered. Virginia isn't going very well with vaccine rollout, and aren't getting enough supplies, so it may be a while. 

2/16/2021 9:32 pm  #20

I registered the other day.  At 62, diabetic, hypertensive, and a heart patient, I am in group 1C, lowest tier of Group 1.

No schedule yet - they are still working their way through 1B.

Board footera

Contact the Guild