Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/15/2020 7:16 pm  #1

Within the Wires

I would like to share with you a thing someone recently recommended to me- a fictional podcast called Within the Wires. I get it on Spotify, where it is free, although you can become a patron on Patreon and get some benefits thereby.
. It is an anthology of audio stories told in seasons, each consisting of ten episodes, each episode about 25 minutes long. The setting for all the stories is an alternative arguably  dystopian world, in which after WWI the peoples of the world decided to abolish nationalism to end war and violence, and to do that they also eradicated families. The first season appears to take place in the 1960s, if irc, and takes the form of recorded “relaxation” tapes prepared for persons housed in an institution, the purpose of which is only slowly revealed. The authors do a great job at world building without major info dumps: you have to pay attention the second season is a series of audio guides to exhibitions of an artist’s work in various museums around the world, which I enjoyed not least because it gave me ways to think about art in general the next time I go to a museum. The third season is dictation from a bureaucrat to his secretary- memos, letters, and general instructions. It is an unusual and interesting way to tell stories, and I think it is really well done. 
i just  finished season three today and I am really enjoying it. I listen while I sew masks, or when I go for long walks. It would be good for a commute or a workout, highly recommended! 

9/16/2020 12:01 am  #2

Re: Within the Wires

Sounds intriguing! You can get it wherever you get your podcasts, which in my case is Overcast 

One world -- or none

9/19/2020 6:27 am  #3

Re: Within the Wires

It does sound interesting, Kokipy.

Board footera

Contact the Guild