Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2020 10:06 am  #1

New Dune Release

I don't know the particulars, saw the note on Kevin J. Anderson's Facebook page, that the movie has not been scheduled for release yet. 
I wonder if it will be better than the previous two versions that I saw. 
Just posted this to put some filler in...

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

4/21/2020 11:56 am  #2

Re: New Dune Release

Related, Centipede Press is doing a new limited edition, to be released (probably next year). I'm sure it will be both beautiful and expensive. It'll also be quick sell-out. 

4/21/2020 2:16 pm  #3

Still, I am looking forward to the new dune/

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

4/23/2020 5:04 pm  #4

Just a thing I smashed together a few years back

Last edited by Kardaen (4/23/2020 5:07 pm)

“The criminal is a creative artist; detectives are just critics.”
― Hannu Rajaniemi, The Quantum Thief
Joined Sep 2, 2009

4/23/2020 5:13 pm  #5

nice !

4/23/2020 5:30 pm  #6

Welcome Back Kardaen! and that is a funny pic!

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

4/23/2020 5:59 pm  #7

Thanks! Good to be back!

“The criminal is a creative artist; detectives are just critics.”
― Hannu Rajaniemi, The Quantum Thief
Joined Sep 2, 2009

5/06/2020 8:08 pm  #8

An article I saw said Timothy chalfont, is that  his name? Is cast as Paul. It will not be easy for me to forget him as Laurie in Little Woman, which is the only other thing I have seen him in, although I get the sense he may be a teen idol. Still, I thought he was quite good in LW, so perhaps he can manage Paul Atriedes. I will probably see this iteration although I agree the last one I saw, with Sting? Iirc, was quite bad. But that was about 100 years ago, presumably the technology now will make it easier to do the visuals. 

5/06/2020 8:27 pm  #9

The cast looks interesting.  Skarsgard the elder has always been one of my favourite actors, and I see it re-unites Brolin and Bardem, who were both so very good in No Country for Old Men. 

So this could be worth a look.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

10/03/2020 6:34 am  #10

my friend in South Texas tells me I should dress like "Dude", but I don't have the hair Jeff Bridges has in that picture....:D

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

Board footera

Contact the Guild