Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/02/2020 9:51 pm  #1

Another idea for green sauce pizza

It just occurred to me as I contemplate the few Green Zebra tomatoes that I have managed to beat the pests to that they would make a good green base. If I get enough ti try it I will post.

9/03/2020 12:57 pm  #2

Re: Another idea for green sauce pizza

That sounds great.  

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

9/05/2020 10:44 am  #3

The Green Zebra's worked quite well, color got a hint of brown with the cooking.
I added a pile of Thai Basil and some Sichuan pepper as I figure that Atevi would look fore something that would mimic the alkaloid tingle!

9/05/2020 3:07 pm  #4

Pix?

9/05/2020 7:55 pm  #5

Pix are good, recipe is even better!

9/05/2020 9:29 pm  #6

I'm not having much success in figuring how to get a photo into this site. -Recie was rough  - cut a pound of tomatoes into chunks toss with a couple of minced cloves of garlic a teaspoon or so of olive oil a pinch of salt and a couple of teaspoons of balsamatic vinegar. Roast in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes to an hour. Cool
When the dough is ready if the amount of tomato mush is scanty, add some more diced tomatoes -seeds squeezed out,  a half tsp or so of oregano, same for ground Sichuan peppercorns and some minced thai basil
Bke as for any pizza.

7/25/2021 2:25 pm  #7

I've been reading the closed thread on this and really want to try this out. I totally forgot to look for tomatillos today at the store, though.  Argh!

The Next Generation and I are working through recipes in "The Elder Scrolls Cookbook" (we're making sweet rolls today) and I'm thinking that a lot of these recipes are admirably suited to the world of Foreigner.  In fact, I read Protector yesterday & today (taking notes; I want to make another map) and there were, of course, ample references to tea cakes and other baked comestibles so I was happy to get a demand signal for co-baking today. : )

(Edited to add: our mini-bundt cake pans are smaller than the recipe wants, so we ended up not with four rolls but a felicitous seven.  The Next Generation called dibs on the seventh.)

Still, I really do want to try the version of the sauce with tomatillos, and perhaps season with some basil & spinach and see how that goes.  We might end up making some more cheese with Tabasco's new "Scorpion Pepper" sauce (Tabasco sauce works so very well for paneer-style cheese and we're hoping this new sauce will work just as well) so that the rest of the family can have spicy Atevi pizza. Me -- I'm like Bren.  It would kill me. ; )

Last edited by Jackalgirl (7/25/2021 3:00 pm)

------------------------
"'Machigi!' Paigiti said.  'The blaspheming gods' own foot-washer.  I heard you were involved."
-- From Divergence (Foreigner series - book 21)
------------------------

7/27/2021 2:06 pm  #8

Jackalgirl wrote:

...I really do want to try the version of the sauce with tomatillos, and perhaps season with some basil & spinach and see how that goes.  

I just made myself some sauteed collard greens today and was talking to the next generation about how they were "tangy, a little sour" and oooohhhhh...  Epiphany!  I shall have to try this (but still with some spinach and basil to gentle the taste, I think).

------------------------
"'Machigi!' Paigiti said.  'The blaspheming gods' own foot-washer.  I heard you were involved."
-- From Divergence (Foreigner series - book 21)
------------------------

7/27/2021 3:56 pm  #9

Let us know how it turns out.

Board footera

Contact the Guild