Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/09/2020 2:19 pm  #21

Re: Back to the Drawing Board

stitches are out as of this afternoon.  Range of motion is 11 degrees extension, 130 degrees flexion.  Their goal is 100 degrees of flexion. So, my sessions are now once per week, and I continue with the exercises at home.  We did find that one particular exercise is painful, not uncomfortable, but real pain.  So, we don't do that one for a while.  Swelling is way down, as are the bruises, and things should be better as they all clear up, too.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

6/09/2020 6:43 pm  #22

that's good to hear!

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

6/10/2020 6:55 pm  #23

Good news.

6/10/2020 7:36 pm  #24

push hard for that range of motion!  

6/12/2020 8:41 am  #25

Sounds as though you are on the mend, hope that you are soon able to enjoy a full range of your preferred activities without pain. Best wishes, as usual.

6/12/2020 8:47 am  #26

And I found out how to get a proper avatar! That's the original Nighthawk.  She moved in with my oldest daughter when my travel schedule required boarding her too often, and is still there, although she's getting old (the cat, not the daughter!). She's about 15 I think. We won't mention the daughter's age.

8/09/2020 7:56 am  #27

some 74 days out from surgery.  The range of motion is exceptionally good, still.  I can't get the arm fully straight, but then, I can't get the other arm fully straight, either, and it's not causing problems.  However, the right elbow is almost constant pain, no matter what I do or what position I place it.  I can't lift a cup or a glass with that hand and be sure I can take a sip without spilling it down my front.  I saw the surgeon on July 1 and he was happy with the results THEN.  Of course, he was happy with the results 6 weeks after the first surgery, too, and we see what happened with that 4 months later. 
On top of the elbow problem, my rheumatoid arthritis has decided to announce that it's going to be demanding more attention and I've had a few flare-ups.  Fortunately, it's pretty much localized to my hands, so far.  I have other issues, probably osteoarthritis related, such as a swollen right foot, for which I have an MRI coming up this Thursday.  My left knee seems to be having issues, 14 years after replacement and reconstruction, with chronic pain in the region of the hamstring tendon, almost like a Baker's cyst, but X-rays say I don't have one of those.  Looks like the bone tissue under the implants is definitely deteriorating.   If the problem with the foot is neurologically caused, they're talking about adding either Cymbalta or Lyrica to the hodgepodge of medicines I'm already taking.  I've asked the rheumatologist about CBD and he said that it's possible that it could help, although he's refrained from prescribing it, as he's a military doctor, and cannot legally prescribe something that the federal government doesn't endorse.   But he has no objections to me trying it.  Now the problem is finding a high quality product that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and will actually work.  I belong to a group on Facebook that is devoted to RA sufferers, and they have some pretty good advice on where to find these things.  I've done a little bit of research, but not enough to actually make a purchase yet.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

8/09/2020 10:39 am  #28

Don't you just *love* aging? Sounds like you've got a handful of things going on there. Have a care about the rheumatoid arthritis: my dad had that and that's what attacked his lung tissue, there by killing him.
Try the CBD. Don't need a prescription for it. I've taken to it for anxiety/getting to sleep issues. Works very nicely in combo with the other meds I use for sleep aid. And yeah, Pretty pricey due to being trendy.

8/09/2020 1:25 pm  #29

Griffin-ji,  the problem with the CBD is finding the right one.  There are so many out there and I don't want to buy something that's not going to work because it's not really CBD.  I'm hoping to find a reputable place to buy it, and yes, it is a bit pricey, but I consider that it's also the processing costs that add to the price. 

I take my RA medications religiously.  Hydroxychloroquine 200 mg day and another 200 at night.  Methotrexate, 20 mg every week, and then the Humira shots, 40 mg every 2 weeks.  I know when it's getting close to Humira time, as things start to flare up again. 

8/09/2020 2:46 pm  #30

No suggestions, just good wishes. I hope you have access to reliable CBD sources.

Last edited by nighthawk (8/09/2020 2:47 pm)

Board footera

Contact the Guild