Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/08/2020 10:58 am  #1

Disruptions

It’s been a crazy crazy time. I’d been holed up working from home since early March. Stressful work taking care of people. I wrote a piece that is being published (yay!) on the experience. Then starwoman’s dad died, the process of which was extremely painful, added to by Covid restrictions. Then one of her best friends died 3 weeks ago. Then the hurricane came and knocked out our power for the last week. We’d wisely bought a generator so as not to have to repeat the grim experience of Hurricane Sandy and the 8 days without power. Unfortunately, it turned out that when I went to run the generator a few days before, it was nonfunctional, and needs a new carburetor. So we have fled, and are now living in an empty apartment in NYC with kids until we get power back. This could take who knows how long. Crazy times. Times for resilience. Stay safe.

Last edited by starexplorer (8/08/2020 10:59 am)

One world -- or none

8/08/2020 11:28 am  #2

Re: Disruptions

So sorry to hear this Star. Its been a Hell year.
Hope that the power is fixed pronto.

8/08/2020 12:05 pm  #3

Oh dear, Star! I am so sorry to hear of the troubles.  I hope the city apartment did not also lose power the other day. 
we have had none since Tuesday but since the generator here works we have had some light, the fridge and the ability to recharge phones. 
where is your piece going to be published? 

8/08/2020 12:41 pm  #4

So sorry to hear this Star-ji, be safe.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

8/08/2020 8:05 pm  #5

Thanks guys. Helps to know you are all there!  Glad your generator works K! Paper being published in the literary magazine of Dartmouth College. 

One world -- or none

8/08/2020 8:29 pm  #6

The spouse is a Dartmouth grad but I don’t think he gets the literary magazine. I would really enjoy reading your publication  do you know how we can get it, and when it will be published? 

also, did you know you can bake a peach galette on the grill? And sourdough bread? Although that was not the most successful endeavor. 

8/08/2020 8:32 pm  #7

I was not aware of the last two, but was aware of the first! Still, would love to sample. Don’t think I’m desperate, but it has been 5 months of no novelty!
October issue devoted to professional work involving Covid

One world -- or none

8/08/2020 8:38 pm  #8

Ok, we will look for it.
and I spoke too soon about the generator. It just died I guess one should never brag. 

8/08/2020 8:59 pm  #9

Oh no!! I will say a prayer for Con Edison!

One world -- or none

8/09/2020 12:19 am  #10

yeah don't tempt the electric pixies!  I'd like to read your treatis, too, Star-ji.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

Board footera

Contact the Guild