Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/11/2020 9:34 pm  #1

Major scare for the week

Just gave myself a heartattack for the week: left my wallet behind at the grocery store today. Got all the way home and realized I'd left it. Went *tearing* back, checked the carts: nada. Cart fellow was right there: he hadn't seen anything either. Went galloping into customer service: no turn in, left my info. Went out with the start of a great anxiety attack. Little voice said "look again". Went back to the carts, removed my glasses--they transition to a dark brown, the weather had them steaming up nicely and the carts are brown-- and *looked*.
There it was, right where I'd left it.
I'm tellin' you: if my head wasn't attached to my shoulders I'd loose that too. Or maybe it's my preview of alzheimer's. Palpitations, I has 'em. 

7/11/2020 11:47 pm  #2

Re: Major scare for the week

always listen to that little voice

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

7/12/2020 3:13 pm  #3

I can relate....I lost my checkbook last year, credit card, debit card, checks, etc. in that book.  Called my financial institution, they canceled everything, issued new cards, and a whole new checking account (different number).  A week later, I got a call from the Community College telling me that someone had turned it it (I'd checked there a couple of days after I'd lost it, they said they didn't have it.) Anyway, I got my stuff back, but for a couple of months afterward, it was a pain in the neck, trying to update all of the places that would automatically charge my credit card for bills, such as telephone, etc......Glad you got your wallet back with no problems.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

7/12/2020 6:57 pm  #4

I've also gone through this. We were on a trip, and at some point, I realized my wallet was missing (pre cell phone days). I called and cancelled some of my credit cards. I couldn't figure out where I'd lost it, as we were traveling. I finally found it in the car, between the seat and console (I had a MINI with a black interior that was like the heart of a black hole in terms of seeing anything). It was a great relief. 

7/12/2020 9:03 pm  #5

I accidentally dropped my wallet into the recycle bin at a fast-food store in Atlanta when I was flying through and didn't realize till I'd gotten home, It was a pain!

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

7/13/2020 5:45 pm  #6

And I just hit the drugstore drive-through and didn't notice that the clerk forgot to hand my credit card back. Luckily I noticed the lack at my next stop and was able to retrace my path and retrieve it. There was a horrible 15 minutes of panic though.

7/14/2020 11:14 am  #7

And today, Murphy struck. The SNAP people have decided that I'm only worthy of $44/mo. now. It was tight at $159, this is absurd. I called to verify this with them: all they can suggest is to resubmit--and *that* cost me another $21.

If things run to course, there's a third brick to hit the ventilating device. I'm *so* excited.

7/14/2020 1:55 pm  #8

I checked everything over the afternoon before an overseas flight.  Made sure my passport was safely tucked into the outside pocket of my purse, easily accessible.  Made a quick trip to the pharmacy after that.

Next morning, took the shuttle to the airport. Went to check in. No passport.  Went through everything, finally caught a shuttle back to my house.  Called the travel agent. Searched the house.  Finally thought to look in the car. It was lying face down on the passenger seat, where it had slipped out of my purse and wasn't clearly visible on the dark upholstery.

Called travel agent, had to leave a message.  Drove the half hour back to the airport hoping for some resolution. As I pulled into the parking lot, agent called back, asked where I was.  He was quite pleased as he'd found another flight for me that was leaving shortly (had I still been home, I wouldn't have made it).

And I arrived in Budapest, several hours after I had intended, just in time for dinner on the river cruise ship before they set out on their journey.

I don't know what their issue was, but I wasn't the last passenger to turn up; someone joined the cruise the following day at the next stop.

7/14/2020 5:34 pm  #9

Griffinmoon
I have a similar problem with SNAP. I have the impression that lots more people are requesting, and need, that assistance. The only thing they can do is reduce the $ so they can help more people.

Wild about cats, handmade lace, CJ Cherryh.   politics junkie

7/14/2020 9:11 pm  #10

LynxLady nadi: could be, but they have fixed formulas that they calculate by--subject to change by that Moron. Not too sure I'm going to get my previous level back. Making plans.

Board footera

Contact the Guild