Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/01/2020 12:54 pm  #1

Happy Birthday CĴ

It seems our Minister of Allthings Kabiu has found himself in a Hospital for a short time and has asked me to carry out his ministerial duties. So. Gladly, I proclaim the natal festivities for CJ!  May she have many great years to come!

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

9/02/2020 7:51 pm  #2

Re: Happy Birthday CĴ

I was released this afternoon.  Seems I really did a number on myself.  First, I fell through my attic ceiling trying to fix a light fixture.  The hospital said nothing wrong, and sent me home after 4 hours.  2 hours later, I woke up, was very dizzy, and tried to make it to the bathroom, where I sat and sweated very badly.  Got up about 15 minutes later, got dressed, grabbed the phone, turned on the porch light, unlocked the front door, sat down and called 911.  They took me to the hospital again, this time, nobody fooled around.  Pumped a lot of fluids into me, over 7 liters, and then found out I was severely anemic, so 2 units of red blood cells yesterday.  Got home this afternoon, I'm exhausted.  Am not allowed to take my main pain medication until after more blood tests next week. My rheumatologist put me on two new medications for gout, one of which gives me severe diarrhea, which is why I was dehydrated.  No longer taking that medication.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

9/02/2020 8:01 pm  #3

Joe, saw some of this info on WWAS. Hope you are doing well. Best wishes!

9/02/2020 9:05 pm  #4

Joe, wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.  The Mr. also has to deal with gout; here's hoping the get your meds straightened out.

9/02/2020 9:27 pm  #5

Joe
Yikes! what an adventure. I like the part about sitting on the porch before calling 911. I hope everything smooths out soon.

Wild about cats, handmade lace, CJ Cherryh.   politics junkie

9/03/2020 12:56 pm  #6

hope you're feeling better soon, Joe!

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

9/04/2020 8:10 pm  #7

Still very sore, leg is stiff, and very mottled purple.  I've tried walking it off a bit, applications of cold and heat, but it'll still take time. 

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

Board footera

Contact the Guild