Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/13/2020 7:06 pm  #11

Re: Heartbroken

Found myself reflexively looking for her to come to supper tonight. And while I'm not curled up on the floor like a shrimp (like I was over her predecessor), I guess I've still got it bad. Spent some time looking for a new cat (and feeling traitorous). So *many* kitties needing homes right in my town much less the surrounds. The ones who need it most--I can't afford the adoption fees.This is where my problems come in: I Want Them All!
Right.

8/14/2020 8:46 pm  #12

Sincere condolences also.

We also unexpectedly lost our Bengal cat a few weeks back.  Saturday he seemed ok, but on the Sunday night was at the emergency vet and diagnosed with two collapsed lungs - cause unknown as he was strictly an inside cat only..

We all miss him - in particular I miss that distinctive Bengal yowl around the house.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

8/15/2020 10:14 am  #13

It would have been hard no matter when you did it, Griffinmoon, but I am sure you did it at the right time. 20 years is amazing. 

8/15/2020 3:23 pm  #14

I just got back from taking my 15 year-old Max, a main coon, to the vet.  He's still there.  Poor kitty.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

8/15/2020 9:19 pm  #15

That's mighty ancient for a Maine Coon. Rumor has it they don't last much past 10. May you get your kitty back.

8/26/2020 12:59 pm  #16

Heartbrokem twice in 3 wks. 
I found a surrendered cat to adopt. Poor thing was so totally terrified of the shelter, they said he'd be hard to place. I took him
And 24 hrs later, he's vanished on me.I can't find him in any hidden corner of the place. I didn't think he'd gotten the opportunity to escape my second floor apt. He's chipped but not registered yet. He's so clueless about surviving outdoors it's pathetic.
I'm absolutely beside myself with anxiety and sorrow.

8/26/2020 5:01 pm  #17

My heart goes out to you, Griffie-ji. Pets have given me both great joy and deep sorrow.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

8/26/2020 9:26 pm  #18

He's in a new place, he's terrified, he doesn't know where he can go, what's waiting on him, etc.  I know when I had my first cat, she would hide.  I finally caught her and got her to the vet, because she wouldn't eat.  He gave her one of those crumbly Pet-Tabs vitamins and she scarfed it down.  Then he brought her some Science Diet and she ate that, too.  Well, we found out what she liked.  Then, not too long after, she was sitting across from me while I was eating dinner (fried chicken).  She watched as I put each bite into my mouth, so I tore a little piece off (no breading, just chicken breast) and put it in front of her.  Sniff! sniff!  Grab, back up 2 steps, eat, look at owner and expect more.  She got more, and by golly, after that, we were friends, and she'd lie on my lap and let me pet her.  I hope your new addition works out the same way.  It just takes time.....

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

8/26/2020 9:52 pm  #19

Still have to *find* him first. He's now been without food for 2 dys and water for 36 hrs. I'm worried sick.

8/27/2020 9:12 am  #20

He Is Found!
He's running slower when he bolted from his hidey-hole. Don't know whether that because he's getting  a touch more used to the place or he's hungry/thirsty. Actually saw him in motion, rather than an unseen black blur. Ran straight for another hidey-hole--one I could get him out of in a reasonable fashion. Bolted right under the nose of the other cat: neither one batted an eyelid. I know they sniffed noses while the new cat was in the carrier so he could calm down and watch/get used to me. It was *sniff sniff* *meh*.
He's back in the bathroom with his setup--and a newly braided collar with bells (a 4 cat tradition of "inheriting" the bells from the prior cat). Once that was on, we settled in for a good grooming session--and again he started purring. Actually got up and turned around so I could get the rest of him. Got him relaxed enough that he even went for a drink and considered his food bowl there.
If I can win the situation with the dental school, live will be good again.

Last edited by Griffinmoon (8/27/2020 9:12 am)

Board footera

Contact the Guild