Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/11/2020 10:23 am  #1

Heartbroken

I had to put my Little Old Cat down today, my Little Kitten, Wiggles. She developed a massive pain issue Sunday afternoon from that kidney stone she had and had to be pulled out from dark corners. Showed no interest in her usual food--and her a chow hound. Only decided to drink late Monday afternoon and not even that today. My longest lived cat to date: 20 yrs, roughly 5 wks and 3 days old.

I'm not doing so well at the minute.

8/11/2020 12:13 pm  #2

Re: Heartbroken

So sorry to hear. 

8/11/2020 12:51 pm  #3

So sorry, it's always hard to lose a loved pet.  It never gets easy, either.  The hardest was my second cat, Birdie, as she was famous at the shelter for being a very standoffish cat, not wanting anyone to touch her.  She was a big snugglebunny after she got used to me.  Loved belly rubs, would play "catch" with a ball suspended from the ceiling fan, tossing it back to me after she'd catch it.  She developed breast cancer and there was no hope. 

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

8/11/2020 5:56 pm  #4

It's so sad to have to say goodbye to a  pet,  They're nothing but love, aren't they?

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

8/11/2020 7:02 pm  #5

It is hard to put down a long time companion. Partly a matter of guilt in my experience. One wonders "did I give her a sufficiently good life to compensate for the loss of freedon? Did I wait too long? Did I wait longer than I should have?"  So difficult.

Wild about cats, handmade lace, CJ Cherryh.   politics junkie

8/11/2020 10:10 pm  #6

I am so sorry to hear this. Very sad

One world -- or none

8/12/2020 8:52 am  #7

There's a blank spot on the kitchen floor now where her food dishes were, one less litter box in service and her collar is in the garbage (which has to go: its giving me pain). The vet gave her a look over, said she'd lost another 2 lbs--which was radical for her size--and agreed that it was Time. Yeah, I beat myself up a little with Did I do the right thing? (Yes, I guess). Did I wait too long? Should I have waited a bit more? (That one's a No per the Vet). Vet said it was the right thing, even though it's the hard thing. I said it's never easy for me. He said it shouldn't ever be easy.

8/12/2020 10:52 am  #8

That it shouldn’t ever be easy is a lovely empathic comment from your vet

One world -- or none

8/12/2020 2:02 pm  #9

That's so sad.  I have three collars from former pets that we've kept in the doggy drawer.  It's nostalgic to see them now, but it was so painful for a long time afterwards. I hope you get to that point soon.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

8/13/2020 3:59 pm  #10

I am very sorry to hear this.  My heart is with you, and may her memory become a blessing.

Board footera

Contact the Guild