Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/17/2020 5:03 pm  #1

Deep Space Nine documentary

Another show I enjoyed — “What we left behind: Looking back at star trek deep space nine”.  

About 2 hours long, a very enjoyable look at a very under rated show.  On Amazon Prime, free but wiyh some commercials. 

6/17/2020 7:53 pm  #2

Re: Deep Space Nine documentary

I enjoyed the first few seasons, but then, things started to change for me.  I wasn't happy with the interaction between Major Kira and Kai Wynn, but some of the other interactions were very good.  Of all the "bad guys", I kind of liked Garack, the Cardassian tailor.
There's a major discussion on a Facebook page dedicated to Babylon 5 that claims DS9 was a ripoff of Babylon 5.  You have the people who rag on it, and then there are the people like me who liked them both.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

6/17/2020 8:38 pm  #3

I liked them both

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

6/18/2020 7:16 am  #4

joekc6nlx wrote:

I enjoyed the first few seasons, but then, things started to change for me.  I wasn't happy with the interaction between Major Kira and Kai Wynn, but some of the other interactions were very good.  Of all the "bad guys", I kind of liked Garack, the Cardassian tailor.
There's a major discussion on a Facebook page dedicated to Babylon 5 that claims DS9 was a ripoff of Babylon 5.  You have the people who rag on it, and then there are the people like me who liked them both.

They mentioned that, now, Garack is the most popular character. 

I liked them both as well, and thing they were very different

6/18/2020 10:11 am  #5

I have a friend who just asked me to proofread her fanfic about Garack. It's too bad that she has the fatal combination of little talent and too high an appraisal of her abilities.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

Board footera

Contact the Guild