Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/16/2020 1:16 pm  #11

Re: Forum "issues"

I sent a picture to Dropbox, after resizing it to 128 X 128 pixels.  Then created a link to it, added the URL for that link to my profile, and nothing....well, maybe it's not "Public", even though I thought I'd done that.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

4/16/2020 1:53 pm  #12

Aja Jin wrote:

I hosted an avvy on Imgur, and then added. That worked.

dang got the spam posting thing again. 

How did you get it to work?  I have an avatar on Imgur, but tried to copy the link, it has to end in .jpg or .jpeg, and the Imgur-generated link doesn't. 

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

4/16/2020 2:01 pm  #13

joekc6nlx wrote:

Aja Jin wrote:

I hosted an avvy on Imgur, and then added. That worked.

dang got the spam posting thing again. 

How did you get it to work?  I have an avatar on Imgur, but tried to copy the link, it has to end in .jpg or .jpeg, and the Imgur-generated link doesn't. 

Not sure if I used the "image link" or "direct link", but it has 22 views, so it will need to be public/visible  

yikes had to verify I'm not a (dumb) robot

4/21/2020 12:57 pm  #14

Site is working well for me, only one captcha when I established my account.  Not in love with staying logged in after closing the app, but I'll get used to having to logout.  User interface seems mostly intuitive.  I used Imgur for my avatar picture.  Once I figured out where on Imgur to go to copy the image, it was a piece of cake.  Now all I have to do is remember my previous postscript (or maybe not).

Ready --
What doesn't kill us gives us a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor.

4/21/2020 2:00 pm  #15

Felicitous Sk8er wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to add an avatar also.  My old Photobucket account won't allow it.  Will try Imgur later -- thanks for the tip.

When I used Imgur, it asked me if I wanted to set links for the picture.  So I did, but when I tried adding that link to the avatar line, it said it wasn't a valid avatar, because it didn't end in ".jpg" or ".jpeg".  Boardhost suggests using imgbb instead, and so I opened an account there, and did the same thing I did for Imgur, same result, but then, I found that if I selected "HTML Thumbnail Link", it pulls out a very long link, mostly extraneous code, but I copied just the URL that was inside that link, and pasted it onto the avatar line, and it took it immediately.  Perhaps Imgur has that same feature, I didn't go back and check.

Ah, I found it on Imgur.  When you go over to your account (mine is a green circle in the upper right corner), click on it, a drop-down menu will appear, select Images.  If your image was uploaded, click on it, and it should open up a window that will give you links.  As Aja Jin used "Direct Link", I believe, but you have a choice of various links.  I hope this helps.

Last edited by joekc6nlx (4/21/2020 2:04 pm)

4/21/2020 2:11 pm  #16

I changed the anti-spamming limits and that should make it easier to post in multiple threads. 

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

4/22/2020 3:18 pm  #17

Had no issues registering, and checked a box for Captcha but saw no bridges or bikes.  Cannot figure out Imgur. It provides a link to my picture but as Joe said, not the right kind of image, and don't see any other settings. Will try later. 

The world isn't perfect,that's why it's beautiful

4/22/2020 3:36 pm  #18

When I logged in on Imgur, there's a green circle with a B in the middle.  That's apparently my account. The dropdown menu listed "Images", which took me to my library.  I clicked on the picture I wanted, and it opens up a window with a larger picture, but off to the right is a set of listings for links.  I just copied the "Direct Link" and pasted it into the URL space that Boardhost asks for on the avatar page.
I hope this helps. 

4/22/2020 4:01 pm  #19

I had some issues with registering; used my phone and the captcha wanted me to check pics with cars in them. Small, dark, images, but I eventually made it.
Format seems okay-ish, but haven’t had time to check everything out yet.

4/22/2020 4:58 pm  #20

Busifer wrote:

I had some issues with registering; used my phone and the captcha wanted me to check pics with cars in them. Small, dark, images, but I eventually made it.
Format seems okay-ish, but haven’t had time to check everything out yet.

Not much here so far, but suggestions/comments are welcomed.

Board footera

Contact the Guild