Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/02/2020 6:52 pm  #61

Re: Back to the Drawing Board

*owch*
Well, one supposes that that's better news than it could have been. Repairable anyway. Keep us posted on how you do with it.

12/02/2020 7:44 pm  #62

There's a YouTube video on the procedure, it's called "endovascular ablation of the greater saphonous vein".  I didn't watch it, and I didn't watch the surgeon when he did it to me.  The less I watch, the more relaxed I am during the procedure.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

12/02/2020 10:38 pm  #63

Good move.

I'm nutty enough to be wildly interested in the procedures I've had. Just can't be on the table and awake at the same time. I'd be hanging over shoulders to watch.

Last edited by Griffinmoon (12/03/2020 1:36 pm)

12/02/2020 10:52 pm  #64

Best od Luck with your recuperation.

12/03/2020 6:33 am  #65

Take care; stay safe.

"You must be mad," said the Cat, "or else you would not have come here."

12/03/2020 7:09 pm  #66

Take care! Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.

12/18/2020 6:29 pm  #67

The local blood bank is soliciting convalescent plasma donations from those people who have tested positive for COVID and have fully recovered.  I had some concerns, as the FDA requires a 1-year waiting period after receiving a blood transfusion before you can donate blood.  Apparently, in this case, it has been lowered to 3-months after the transfusion (September 1), and 3 months after my last symptoms with COVID. Since the program will start after the New Year, they project my appointment would be in February or March. 
I can still help out someone, it seems.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

12/27/2020 7:25 pm  #68

I admire your willingness to help out others, after such a string of bad fortune. Best wishes for the New Year, and may better health come your way.

12/27/2020 7:56 pm  #69

nighthawk wrote:

I admire your willingness to help out others, after such a string of bad fortune. Best wishes for the New Year, and may better health come your way.

indeed, very good thing to do

Last edited by Aja Jin (12/28/2020 5:06 pm)

Board footera

Contact the Guild