Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/09/2020 5:42 pm  #31

Re: Back to the Drawing Board

Just to give you a bit of info to work from: I ordered my CBD on line from CA in a gummie format (tastes just fine) @ 10 mg./gummie/adult daily dose. Takes 30 dys to build up in your sistem, then it's maintenance.

8/10/2020 12:25 pm  #32

Griffinmoon wrote:

Just to give you a bit of info to work from: I ordered my CBD on line from CA in a gummie format (tastes just fine) @ 10 mg./gummie/adult daily dose. Takes 30 dys to build up in your sistem, then it's maintenance.

Griffin-ji,  I sent you a PM. 

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

9/07/2020 3:55 pm  #33

Well, the verdict is in, as far as sitting on my butt.  My friend says to stay off the leg, and my lower leg started to swll, and I could see the discoloration as the old blood is draining.  So, I put on a compression sleeve and elevated the leg for a while, put the chilled water pad on the ankle, and relaxed for about 15 minutes.  Then, my sister-in-law, who has a Ph.D. in Nurse Practitioning (and teaches it) told me, "Keep moving.  You don't want to form a clot."  Okay.....off with the pad, but she said I could leave the compression sleeve on.  Just don't sit too long.  I still have to take breaks, though.  Ankle feels like it's been wrapped in plaster, it's so stiff from the swelling.
I have a follow-up telephone consult with my primary care manager on Thursday.  Maybe he'll let me go back to the medications the hospital doctor took me off.  Naproxen, methotrexate, although I could forego the hydrochlorothiazide for my blood pressure (It raised the uric acid level in the blood, and I have gout.....I don't NEED more uric acid...)  I'm taking allopuronol for gout, was taking colchicine for flare-ups, but it gives me severe diarrhea and the dehydration is what put me in the hospital, along with the fall onto my hip. 

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

9/11/2020 7:53 am  #34

Spoke with my primary care manager yesterday.  The hospital had sent him an 81 page "book" of my stay in their facility.  Because the leg is still swollen, hot, and is painful to walk on it, he was concerned there might be blood clots in my veins.  So, he sent me back to the emergency room and had an ultrasound done on me.  Results were: no clots, the ER doctor said it looked fine, blood flow was good through the veins.  Treatment, warm compresses, exercises, and walk.....

9/11/2020 8:14 am  #35

Relatively speaking, good news. I hope the recommendations result in more good news soon.

9/11/2020 1:40 pm  #36

This is much better than having to deal with clots.  Hope you heal soon, my Salad!

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

9/14/2020 5:19 pm  #37

Face-to-face appointment with PCM this morning.  Still swollen, and he's prescribed Lasik, 5 day supply of furosemide, to help get some of the water out.  He also gave me back my pain medications, so that will also be a big help. 
In addition, I had him look at my left knee, which has been bothering me for several months.  There's a spot just behind the knee that always feels tight, and if I sit too long in any position, it begins to hurt.  He suspects tendonitis, and has referred me to the physical therapists.  We'll see if that works.

10/02/2020 2:09 pm  #38

if it weren't for misfortune, I'd have no fortunes, at all.  Last Saturday, I started getting a runny nose and cough.  Okay, have been to the hospital for routine appointment, they did the normal questions, checked me for fever, etc.  No problem, go ahead, keep the mask on, and keep your appointments.  Last night, I discovered I couldn't smell or taste anything, even strong smells or tastes.  NOT a good sign.  Tossed and turned all night, worrying, so when I got up this morning, I went down to the Air Force base and had them check me over.  The symptoms I described are indicative of possible COVID-19 infection, and they did the sample (not  a swab, they run 10cc of saline in each nostril and it's caught in a sample cup under the nose).  I have been placed on a 7-day preliminary quarantine, until the results of the test come back.  They said probably Tuesday, so the quarantine won't be that long if it's a negative test.  It'll still depend on what my primary care manager decides, though, whether to have me tested again, or to just monitor myself.  If it's positive, then other things come into play and I'll be quarantined as long as they tell me to be. 
On a brighter note, my father's estate is almost closed out.  I'm waiting on a new pack of checks, and once they're here, I will get with the lawyer and my brother, have them filled out and signed, and mailed, and then close out the checking account when all of the checks clear.  That will end what has been far too lengthy a process.  I know my father didn't intend for it to be this way, and most of the problems were beyond his control, but it's almost finished.

10/02/2020 2:16 pm  #39

Fingers crossed for you Joe

10/02/2020 2:46 pm  #40

*yikes*
Here's hoping it's not a bad thing. That'll be a 21 dy quarantine on a good day.

Board footera

Contact the Guild