Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/10/2024 5:56 pm  #51

Re: Exciting Library News

Chairs, window and lamp from outside Library

One world -- or none

4/10/2024 6:01 pm  #52

very nice.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

4/10/2024 6:22 pm  #53

That's looking really good, Star.  Should be a great reading place to escape to!

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

4/10/2024 8:09 pm  #54

I’m excited - that’s it until everything is put together. I’ll send a pic or two when it’s done.

One world -- or none

4/11/2024 5:55 am  #55

A civilized life requires a comfortable reading chair, good light, an ottoman and of course the book

4/11/2024 11:04 am  #56

Kokipy wrote:

A civilized life requires a comfortable reading chair, good light, an ottoman and of course the book

😍

One world -- or none

4/11/2024 3:33 pm  #57

Really nice shelves!

4/11/2024 6:08 pm  #58

Kokipy wrote:

A perfect definition, Kokipy.  Hence I will be stealing it (with attribution of course).

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

4/11/2024 6:41 pm  #59

Kokipy wrote:

Heinlein would add  "and a cat", and I believe so would CJC.  I have six, now.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

4/13/2024 8:27 pm  #60

Agree re the cat(s)!  I wish we had more than one at present. But spouse adamantly refuses to consider more. And the current feline displaces my reading when he demands my lap - his appearance at my side is too infrequent for me to spurn him.  He favors our daughter but will occasionally spread the love. 

Board footera

Contact the Guild