Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/24/2024 5:50 pm  #1

Machine Vendetta

I'm six chapters in, and enjoying it a lot. That's quite a relief, as I've bounced off the second book, Elysium Fire, at least twice. Just can't get into it. Maybe I'll give it a last try after reading this one. 

This is my first British book ordered from Blackwells (after the demise of Book Depository). Decent price, quick delivery, and despite the somewhat minimal packaging, it arrived in good condition. 

1/24/2024 6:32 pm  #2

Re: Machine Vendetta

I'm in a similar position and with a similar reaction - I'm thoroughly enjoying this book.  I idly opened it when I noticed it had dropped onto the kindle and when I next looked up an hour had passed (in a good way).

I'll give Blackwells a try, mahe.  I've become increasingly disappointed and frustrated with Amazon for books, particularly after they acquired and killed Book Depository.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

2/15/2024 9:43 pm  #3

Re: Machine Vendetta

My physical copy sourced from Blackwells arrived today.  As with yours, it arrived in minimal packaging but was in good condition.

A non-spoilery question about the content of the book, if I may.  Did you manage to note or discern a contemporaneous date for the setting of this books events?   I didn't spot one as I was charging through my read of  the kindle version, but I have a feeling it happens quite a bit later than the first book.  I can't get a sense of the overall timeline of the Dreyfus stories but I'd like to.  Any thoughts?

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

Board footera

Contact the Guild