Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/17/2023 5:43 pm  #1

Defiance Has Shipped

Amazon is telling me it will be delivered tomorrow. I will not be giving out spoilers....

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

10/17/2023 5:50 pm  #2

Re: Defiance Has Shipped

Right.  Time to go check my pre-order also.

Thanks for the alert Joe.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

10/18/2023 7:15 am  #3

my two local bookstores didn’t have it yesterday

10/18/2023 9:58 am  #4

Just received it.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

10/18/2023 3:12 pm  #5

Somehow our local bookstore got it early; I got my copy last week.  I very much enjoyed it and am on second read.
I'll leave it to you, Joe, if any snippets are to be revealed - I'm not sure of current board protocol. Admin ... ?
Or we can share posting duties if you like, if protocol hasn't changed and people would like teasers.  

10/18/2023 4:49 pm  #6

Another week before mine is due here in the outer colonies.  It has shipped at least.

So it goes.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

10/19/2023 7:53 am  #7

I am expecting my copy this afternoon.  Did anyone see CJ and Jane on YouTube yesterday?  It was a goodie!

"You must be mad," said the Cat, "or else you would not have come here."

10/19/2023 4:11 pm  #8

Got my copy digitally on release day Tue 17 Oct.  Re-reading.  Enjoyed it.  Agreed, no spoilers here.  

Talent hits a target no one else can hit.  Genius hits a target no one else can see.  
- Arthur Schopenhauer

10/19/2023 4:20 pm  #9

I did find the epilog (if you want to call it that) interesting, since it focused on things that occurred before Bren came to be paidhi.  The excerpts from Narani's library books offer a lot of insight into the issues surrounding the Western provinces. 

10/19/2023 5:02 pm  #10

Just finished devouring it. Loved the historical perspective in Narani's book.

Board footera

Contact the Guild