Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/24/2023 7:38 am  #1

Watching the news from Russia:

Anyone else thinking - with a fair component of irony- about Tabini’s move on Shejidan in, I think, Deliverer?

6/24/2023 9:08 am  #2

Re: Watching the news from Russia:

For myself, nah. This is more hyenas turning on each other. Maybe rats packed in a trap. The bit about Lucashenko's plane ending up in Turkey: last we heard, he was a death's door. So is he really on that plane? If he is, it makes sense for him and his sons (where' are the females in the family?) to run before the snot hits the fan. He's shown himself to be a capital fence-sitter, maaybe now is his moment to escape it all.

Last edited by Griffinmoon (6/24/2023 9:10 am)

6/24/2023 10:58 am  #3

Kokipy wrote:

Anyone else thinking - with a fair component of irony- about Tabini’s move on Shejidan in, I think, Deliverer?

mmmmm, with the Wagner group as the shadow guild ? 

Hard to know what's going on, but having Russian factions go after each other is a good development. It could also lead to destabilizaion, which is often not so good. 

6/24/2023 11:04 am  #4

No, it's not but one has to tear down to rebuild--hopefully something better.

Last edited by Griffinmoon (6/24/2023 11:05 am)

6/24/2023 11:56 am  #5

We are living in interesting times.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

6/24/2023 4:21 pm  #6

6/24/2023 6:13 pm  #7

Interesting times indeed.  Some sort of sleight of hand distraction perhaps, given this morning;s (local) reporting of Wagner's halt / pause of the march. 
I have to admit I didn't have 'potential civil war in Russia' on my 2023 world politics bingo card - I had it down for next year.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

6/25/2023 6:14 am  #8

6/25/2023 6:17 am  #9

To be clear, I wasn’t equating Tabini with Prigozhin in a moral sense I just have this vivid mental image thanks to CJC of a moving force, hoping to attract more and more adherents along the move, to sway popular opinion and the events of history. Tabini succeeded because of his moral force. Prigozhin failed because he is a bloody rat and for many other reasons I guess. 

6/26/2023 8:07 am  #10

Glad I don't live in Belarus with the shadow guild moving in. The nukes that have been shifted there are worrying.

Board footera

Contact the Guild