Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/30/2023 10:23 pm  #1

Defiance's release date announced

One must admit that in the dead of winter after the holidays have passed, it can be difficult to find something to inspire cheer. A great deal of cheer has been found today.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/607301/defiance-by-c-j-cherryh/9780756415907

$28.00 Oct 17, 2023 | ISBN 9780756415907

About Defiance

The twenty-second book in the beloved Foreigner saga continues the adventures of diplomat Bren Cameron as he navigates the tenuous peace he has struck between human refugees and the alien atevi.

In the east, outright warfare has tied down the Assassins’ Guild, and that region is in confusion. Ready to hand is an age-old feud in the west, where the Master of Ashidama Bay has long hated the Edi people of the north shore and equally hated the Aishidi’tat for bringing the Edi to his shores—and hatred is a resource the Shadow Guild knows how to use to its advantage.

Bren Cameron is tasked with getting Ilisidi, the aiji-dowager, back to the capital alive, on an urgent basis. But events are cascading down on the south, the Guild is stretched thin in the east, and the Shadow Guild is within striking distance of critical targets that could bring war to the entire south.

Two lives stand in the breach, two lives the aishidi’tat would not willingly risk—Ilisidi and Bren—and the Shadow Guild will spend anything and everything to take them out.

The Foreigner series sets the standard for sci-fi first contact sagas—a smart, probing, engaging sociopolitical narrative from an acknowledged master of the genre.

1/30/2023 10:57 pm  #2

Re: Defiance's release date announced

Yikes! This means I'm missing about 3 books now. Have to get on that.

1/31/2023 2:14 am  #3

And I see Amazon has pre-orders open already.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

1/31/2023 9:36 am  #4

I preordered it.  9 months wait.  I think I might be able to do that!

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

1/31/2023 9:57 am  #5

Thank you for the heads up.  I was concerned that I was missing some, too, but I have everything up to and including Divergence.  I'm wondering, though, if I should start considering a donation to my local library.  When Regenesis came out, I had already purchased a copy, and then I received a signed personalized copy from one of our members here.  I donated the purchased copy to the library, and they were very pleased to accept it.  The signed copy?  It occupies a special place in my "Treasures Cabinet" - a china hutch where I can see all of the things that mean a lot to me.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

1/31/2023 11:27 am  #6

great news ! I thought it was delayed to next year

1/31/2023 9:39 pm  #7

I see we still have to wait until next year for the next Alliance book. Grump!

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

2/01/2023 1:38 pm  #8

Yeah, that's the one I'm looking forward to the most.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

2/01/2023 9:08 pm  #9

Preordered and will be auto-delivered to my Kindle on October 17, 2023.

Talent hits a target no one else can hit.  Genius hits a target no one else can see.  
- Arthur Schopenhauer

Board footera

Contact the Guild