Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/27/2022 4:32 pm  #21

Re: What's the temp at your place?

Griffinmoon wrote:

Weather like this is what makes gas appliances gods gift. No outages to worry about, alternative to getting hot water for tea if there is a power outage.

I received an entreaty from the power company a few days ago: please please limit your energy use. The freezing conditions in the Midwest have resulted in a reduction of natural gas flows to our company and customers. Please help us avoid catastrophic overtaxing of the system!

One world -- or none

12/27/2022 4:42 pm  #22

My heat is gas (central for the whole condo building) and the stove is electric. There is a fireplace, but a decision was made about a decade back to cap the chimneys, making them merely decoration. (Water was getting in and ice-pushing the liners when it froze.)

That gives one a bit of depth on one's options as far as keeping warm goes. (But then, here in the middle of western Canada we *always* hit -30C every year.)

1/12/2023 5:19 pm  #23

The temperature in Maui dropped down to 66F last night.  Please don't hate me 

Janitor at Saigiadi

1/12/2023 5:39 pm  #24

21.6 deg C here in sunny Canberra right now on its way to a high of 33C. Overnight low tonight is forecast 16 C, which I'll find to be too warm for my comfort.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

1/13/2023 4:45 pm  #25

-11C (12F), much saner than last month, above average.
With a predicted high of -4C (25F) tomorrow. Outright balmy!

(& yeah, Surtac, 33C sucks.)

1/13/2023 8:01 pm  #26

56F (13C) It's a lot warmer than it was last week.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

1/13/2023 10:52 pm  #27

28F, it's colder than it was last week.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

1/14/2023 10:06 am  #28

35F. and gray, which is how it will be for most of the week.

"You must be mad," said the Cat, "or else you would not have come here."

3/12/2023 1:30 pm  #29

Currently about 78 degrees F.  We've had a series of storms go through since December; great for replenishing the aquifer and relieving the drought conditions that had prevailed across the island since the preceding year.  However, we discovered a new roof leak (which fortunately only appeared once, after a 4 day hard rain) and a power outage killed our server farm for a while, regardless of the UPS.  We'll probably get one more good rain before 'the wet' is officially over, then it's rare unless we have something blow over during hurricane season.

Janitor at Saigiadi

3/12/2023 2:46 pm  #30

Right now, 36F.  http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/panel.cgi?call=KC6NLX-13&units=english  gives an updated every minute report at my home weather station.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

Board footera

Contact the Guild