Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/23/2022 3:43 pm  #1

What's the temp at your place?

So I am spending the holiday season in Leavenworth, KS to be with my daughter and her family.  My son-in-law works at the Military fort (Not the Military Prison) here in Fort Leavenworth.  Right now it's -5 degrees Fahrenheit, that's -20C! 

My house in Vegas is sitting pretty at 65F right now!  (that's 18C) I'm just curious, what's the temp at your place?

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

12/23/2022 4:00 pm  #2

Re: What's the temp at your place?

A forecast of 'mostly sunny' here for Christmas Eve in Canberra, currently 14.9 deg C at 8am on its way to a high of 30 deg C.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

12/23/2022 4:28 pm  #3

At 4:30 PM it's 5 and -18 with wind chill in western NY. Tonight should be interesting indeed. Tomorrow appears to be more of the same and Sunday looks like a chance to dig out--winds willing. No sense doing a thing with winds whipping everything around.

12/23/2022 4:42 pm  #4

At 3:40pm it's -25C(-12F), 'feels like' -32C (-26F).

The still air temperature last night was -38C, I think that's into the -50's with a mild breeze. So no huge shock that an office supplies package due today is delayed 'due to weather'. (Not like I could use the printer ink today, I'd have to let it sit and thaw for awhile.
Doing some last minute Christmas baking (feeding mom turkey tomorrow) and that's heating up the apartment.

12/23/2022 6:14 pm  #5

Weather like this is what makes gas appliances gods gift. No outages to worry about, alternative to getting hot water for tea if there is a power outage.

12/23/2022 7:55 pm  #6

The temperature has dropped 10 degrees in the last hour to 33. And the wind is howling. As we have had a lot of rain today I am anticipating a lot of black ice overnight. Time to grab the flashlight.
And I'm at the end of the second week of a cold. So not ready for this.
Stay safe everyone.

12/23/2022 8:00 pm  #7

When I got up at 7:30 this morning, it was -9, wind chill -27.  Right now, at 8:00 PM, it -3, wind chill -19.  But it's supposed to warm up tomorrow to around 1 degree F. 

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

12/23/2022 8:05 pm  #8

Noon here now and I'm just back from my usual Saturday morning gym session.  Outside temp has climbed to 26.6 deg C and it's a typical Canberra summer's day, complete with lawnmower soundtrack.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

12/24/2022 7:54 am  #9

we’re 3F this morning, very cold for us. generally, anything colder than the high teens is a one-every-several-years thing. We’ll be back to seasonal temps by Tuesday.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays, everyone

12/24/2022 8:17 am  #10

8:15AM, it's 1F, wind chill -12F.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

Board footera

Contact the Guild