Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/26/2022 3:37 pm  #1

I Will Be Offline for a Few Weeks

Because I have a partially detached retina in my left eye, I have surgery on Friday morning, similar to cataract surgery, as far as the prep, but the procedure will be to inject a bubble into the eye to push the retina against the back wall. It means I will have to keep my face toward the floor for at least a week or longer, NO DRIVING, flying, Mountain climbing, hang gliding, parasailing, or cliff-diving. The driving is the only one that concerns me. I've had to cancel several doctor appointments for November, including the orthopedist's follow-up and therapy appointments. Surgery will take about 45 minutes, and my brother and S-I-L are taking care of the first 2 days. I guess I can have groceries delivered to my house if necessary. I have to restrict my computer time, as well as my reading time, although that's a given with this eye. I can't read with the right eye.... I won't be able to post Natal Day announcements.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

10/26/2022 4:49 pm  #2

Re: I Will Be Offline for a Few Weeks

Good luck with the procedure, nandi.
No cliff-diving. I did think that hobby of yours was a bit extreme! 

Last edited by Griffinmoon (10/27/2022 12:04 pm)

10/26/2022 8:31 pm  #3

Best wishes

10/27/2022 8:16 am  #4

Do what you need to do to get that eye back!
Toes crossed for complete, speedy recovery.

"You must be mad," said the Cat, "or else you would not have come here."

10/27/2022 9:46 am  #5

Good luck to you, Joe.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

10/27/2022 9:49 am  #6

Good luck !  I had a similar issue, got the bubble. Annoying while waiting for it to go down, but my vision afterward is pretty good. 

10/28/2022 10:32 am  #7

Wishing you an easy and uneventful recovery, Joe!

One world -- or none

11/22/2022 5:49 pm  #8

The bubble is almost gone.  I was actually able to start driving a week ago.  There's some distortion from the retina not going completely unwrinkled after he refilled it, like a blanket you spread out on the ground, you have to adjust it.  Can't do that with the retina, but he's hoping it'll go away on its own.  It's about 15 degrees above my point of focus, and is evident when I'm looking at a vertical structure.....it was like that before the surgery, so it might never go away.  It doesn't really bother me that much.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

11/23/2022 12:10 pm  #9

Glad you can start to return to ordinary activities Joe!

One world -- or none

12/02/2022 6:55 pm  #10

Whenever I sort of forget about Shejidan and don't check in for weeks or months, Joe's body comes up with some new issue! At least this time it seems to have been resolved by the time I found out about it.

Joe, here's hoping that you are enjoying good health now, and that it continues through the upcoming year. I'll try to visit Shejidan more often to keep an eye on things, today I thought it might be time for another contribution to the coffers but apparently we are good till spring.

Board footera

Contact the Guild