Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/20/2022 7:13 pm  #1

Filk Music Books

Do any of the Shejidani have access to filk music books based on CJC's works?. I'm looking for the Westerfilk Collection Back in 2014, when Griffinmoon and I attended Shejicon IV in Spokane, CJ introduced us to a collection of music written by fans.  I hauled my lazy bottom to the other room (no lights in there and it's early evening) and pulled it out.  One of the songs was "Pushing the Speed of Light", https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud6LiVJkwyA&list=FLuHv9mdPmJ478JTpd2oNdyQ on YouTube.  CJ made a copy of Volume I, but didn't have Volume 2, Both are out of print. I'm not even sure that it IS Volume I, Some of the songs are "Machiavel", "The Riddle Song From Cuckoo's Egg", "Sten Duncan", "Mazianni", "Signy Mallory", "Pride of Chanur", and several others all based on CJ's novels.
As much as I would like to play these songs again, my fingers no longer wrap themselves properly on my guitars to press the strings properly.  Nevertheless, I'd still like a copy of the book I don't have.

Last edited by joekc6nlx (2/20/2022 9:07 pm)

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

Board footera

Contact the Guild