Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/23/2021 11:58 am  #1

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Which ever side of the table you sit on, where ever you live, I wish a happy Thanksgiving.  Yes, this is a holiday for those who live in the US. But, being thankful is a good thing for your heart and peace of mind. I am Thankful for you as friends and for my family that I love so much. So, to all my salads and acquaintances, Happy Thanksgiving.  

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

11/23/2021 12:12 pm  #2

Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all

Thank you, sir.  I hope yours is a very happy Thanksgiving as well.  Regardless of where I spend my Thanksgiving day, or where I have dinner, I still make the most of it.  This year will be no different.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

11/23/2021 8:32 pm  #3

12 large turkeys in back of my house - they haven't been paying attention to the time of year! And a woodpecker drilling a large hole in the side of the house. I think the birds are coming to dinner.
Happy T day to all

11/23/2021 10:19 pm  #4

Am half-way through doing the full Turkey Thing--to be packed up and trundled 200 mi to an ancient acquaintance of mine who is now alone, lonely and on his own. This is combined with my annual pilgrimage to my hometown Apple Orchard for may annual supply thereof, beating up on some of his shrubbery and perhaps a movie on Saturday (after the massive stampedes for Black Friday are down to a dull roar).

11/24/2021 12:18 am  #5

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my USian friends and Associates.

While we don't actually celebrate the holiday here in the Antipodean Outer Colonies, we are slowly absorbing aspects of the experience after having been culture-bombed over the past few years with the whole Black Friday retail therapy conditioning..

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

11/24/2021 10:12 am  #6

Happy Bird Day to all!

For better or worse, I've been watching a lot of (free) YouTube recently. One of the channels I stumbled across is "Your NZ Family". It's a vlog by a family in New Zealand who are learning about North American customs (and junk food), mostly those of the US but also of Canada and eventually Mexico. They've shared their reactions to a video about the origins of Thanksgiving and are going to try a traditional US Thanksgiving feast, including turkey and pumpkin pie. Hopefully they'll enjoy it

Selden

11/24/2021 10:49 am  #7

Hey, wait until they try the poutine! 

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

11/24/2021 2:20 pm  #8

Poutine is good!

11/24/2021 4:20 pm  #9

I visited Canada for a conference some 20 years back - sadly poutine was not on any of the menus.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

11/24/2021 7:25 pm  #10

20 years ago, Poutine was a very regional dish (from Quebec Province) now it's seen as generally Canadian.

Board footera

Contact the Guild