Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/15/2021 7:17 am  #41

Re: A place to quarantine ranting and venting.

Ever have your hand "go to sleep" on you because you were lying on it? Then the feeling of "pins and needles" as circulation returned. Well, right now, that's a constant feeling in my right hand, because it and my arm are swollen. I can barely move my fingers, but they aren't cold. I have an appointment with the surgeon in a few hours. It's probably time to pull out the suture and let the wound drain. It stopped draining yesterday morning, and the arm slowly swelled. I'm not looking forward to them pulling the suture, it's a continuous stitch along an incision that's around 9 inches long. It feels like it's burning when they pull it out.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

12/15/2021 11:12 am  #42

You have my sympathy, my friend.  Good luck in all.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

12/15/2021 12:45 pm  #43

You’ve been through the ringer - so sorry!

One world -- or none

12/15/2021 2:36 pm  #44

Sounds like they're going to have to place a drain to take the interior pressure off. Hope they get it straightened out for you.

12/15/2021 4:50 pm  #45

He asked me when they took out the drain and I said I didn't know there was a drain.  If there was a drain, then the therapist took it out last Friday.  I don't believe there was a drain, though.  He wasn't happy that I stopped taking the pain medications, but I'm almost out of them and he doesn't write for more and the area that he's targeting isn't affected by the pain meds. So, I'm taking NSAIDS, and maybe these hiccups will go away soon.  He directed the occupational therapist to put full length compression sleeve.  Under that, she first put on several strips of kinesiology tape.  Now, if I could just find that compression glove I saw a few days ago, but now can't remember where.  Stitches will come out next week in a therapy session.  He wants me back in 3 weeks.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

12/16/2021 12:12 pm  #46

went to bed very early last night, betwwen 6:30 and 7:00.  So tired, but couldn't get to sleep.  Combination of various pains, either too hot or too cold, under the covers or out, positions.  I tried sitting up, lying on either side, as well as on my back. Say on the edge of the bed and bounced my legs up and down, just to get them to relax, went to the kitchen, poured 1 finger of Jameson's into a small glass.  Bsck to bed..Got up and walked around the bed in a U-shaped path, sat back down on the edge and caught myself starting to fall forward.  Lay back down, drift for a hour.  Repeated this whole exercise several times, minus the whiskey. at 3:00, I finally stayed asleep until past 7:30.  One other inconvenient side-effect of the oxycodone just popped up: I am either too hot or too cold.  Sweater on, get too hot, sweater off, too cold.  House is set at 20 C.  Hiccups are still with me, but not as strong.  Occasionally, there's a series of spasms, usually right after I sit or lie down.  Tried going back to bed for a little while, hiccups....

12/16/2021 2:30 pm  #47

Egads. Here's hoping it all wears off *real* soon. A person can't maintain that state for long.

12/16/2021 3:37 pm  #48

A minor (in comparison) point of caution: taking NSAIDs for a long period of time can cause problems like kidney stones.

You needn't ask how I know....

Selden

12/16/2021 4:44 pm  #49

my rheumatologist dropped my dosages of acetaminophen and naproxen 3 months ago for that very reason, as well as potential liver damage. 

12/16/2021 5:03 pm  #50

My sympathies, Joe.  Inability to sleep is something I suffer rarely, but tolerate very badly when it does happen.  Luckily it's usually only weather induced by hot and humid summer nights.  And now we have proper air-con those nights should be rarer still.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

Board footera

Contact the Guild