Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/09/2021 1:46 pm  #31

Re: A place to quarantine ranting and venting.

Thinking of you, Joe.  Best of wishes.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

12/09/2021 4:15 pm  #32

Hope that things are on the mend, Joe.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

12/10/2021 5:56 am  #33

Sleep! Sleep!  almost 8 lovely hours!!!

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

12/10/2021 6:42 pm  #34

I've been thinking of you. Best wishes for your recovery

12/10/2021 7:08 pm  #35

Good to hear, Joe.  Sleep is always good.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

12/10/2021 9:23 pm  #36

So glad to hear you got sleep!  And hoping that healing will progress as well as you can possibly hope for.

Also, best wishes to your brother.  The Joe family is overdue for some good fortune.

12/13/2021 1:09 pm  #37

woke up several times during the night. Arm and hand hurt. Put the ice pack on it, no relief. Arm and hand were both swollen. Removed the bandage the Urgent Care people put on...much too tight. Put a fresh ABD bandage on, tried to wrap the gauze roll smoothly, watched it as it slipped out of my hand and down to the floor. Well just wrapped it the best I could, it covers the wound. Sat down with the chilled water pad and fell asleep for a hour. Decided to go lie down on the bed....uh oh, looked like a murder scene in there...pulled the bed linens off and took them down to the washing machine, along with a good treatment with a pre-wash stain spray. While they were in the dryer, I went over to the occupational therapy clinic to ask them to redress the wound. There is a boundary between OT and PT, and since no OT people were there, the PT people cannot do it. I said I would take care of it, and after calling my OT at the Dayton office, she told them to get me the supplies I needed. Came home, checked the clothes in the dryer, not quite dry. After a second cycle, brought them back up and proceeded to make the bed. A mattress pad, a fitted queen size sheet, 2 pillow cases, and the flat sheet, plus a blanket and comforter. Hey, I even got the hospital corners one-handed. Fixed lunch and then I'm going to sit down and elevate this arm.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

12/13/2021 4:29 pm  #38

Sounds like there was more swelling than expected. Good the one office jacked the other office to get you supplies. Odd that there are no OT people at an OT office.
After all that, sit down, elevate the arm--and maybe get a nap?

12/13/2021 5:38 pm  #39

Monday is the day they aren't at my local office.  They rotate around different offices within the same organization.  It wasn't confrontational, just that unless the OT people say it's okay, the PT people can't give out supplies.  But, since the OT are highly specialized as hand and arm therapists, their training far exceeds that of the PT folks, and if one of the PT folks gave out the wrong stuff, it might be harmless, but they're encroaching into an area that if not given direction, takes the treatment out of the hands of the OT.  I see the doctor on Wednesday morning and the OT later that afternoon.  All is well. and I got the bandages I needed.

12/13/2021 7:30 pm  #40

Good to hear. Especially sans redoing the bed again.

Board footera

Contact the Guild