Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/23/2021 12:16 pm  #21

Re: A place to quarantine ranting and venting.

my surgery is scheduled for December 8.  My neighbor will probably go down with me and then bring me home.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

11/23/2021 3:36 pm  #22

Here's hoping all goes as well as possible for both you and your bro.
Have often wondered if you still did kendo, now I know the answer to that one. Good you'll still be able to kayak.

12/04/2021 12:09 pm  #23

brother went over to The Ohio State University James Cancer Center yesterday.  They did screening, and he is on the list for a stem cell transplant.  They figure within a month or so.  I am not eligible to donate, as the cutoff at the James is 60.  Besides, I'll be recovering from surgery and I doubt they want to add stress to my body's healing processes. 

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

12/05/2021 12:50 am  #24

Wishing both of you good luck and healing thoughts! 

One world -- or none

12/06/2021 2:00 pm  #25

Hospital called and asked me for blood work, EKG, and a COVID test.  Since the hospital is over 50 miles away, I wasn't driving that far to give them blood work and the EKG, so they faxed the orders up to my local hospital, 5 minutes away.  Except they didn't fax them.....the local hospital had to call and ask for the order, and then when they came an hour later, they didn't send the EKG order.  Argh.  Okay, it took about 15 minutes for it to get there, so now I have both those tests done, took the COVID test, and it's negative, and I'm ready to go to surgery Wednesday.  I hope the nurse who gives me the IV doesn't have any problems.  The last two times, they've either rolled the vein, or there was something wrong with the IV at the access point of the line where it failed to lock the catheter in place.  Once that's done, though, I'm all right, and can relax.  At least, I can't see them when they're sticking the spike into the vein, as my hand is hanging down over the side of the bed, out of sight.  Once they start with the happy juices, who cares, right? 

12/06/2021 3:44 pm  #26

Good luck to joe nadi and your brother with his issues.

12/06/2021 4:42 pm  #27

good luck, joe

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

12/06/2021 8:39 pm  #28

Best wishes to both of you.

12/09/2021 12:42 pm  #29

Surgery apparently went well, although I heard there were issues, either with the implant, or something else. Procedure took about 4 hours, I believe. Could not sleep last night, can't sleep now. The pain medication, oxycodone, gives me hiccups. Although I should have eaten something before I took the 5:00AM tablet, because they started about 20 minutes after I took it.  Now, the nerve block has been wearing off and one pain pill isn't holding off the pain. I'm not going to take a second one, the instructions say I can, but I'll wait and see how I feel at the 5:00 PM mark.

12/09/2021 1:05 pm  #30

Sent some Good Intent your way yesterday. Hope your 5AM went better.

Board footera

Contact the Guild