Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2022 1:39 pm  #221

Re: A place to quarantine ranting and venting.

Thanks!  He said no problems detected either way.  The whole procedure was about an hour.  The part I was worried about most was the endoscopy, but once the bite guard was in my mouth, they started the anesthesia, and the next thing I knew was the nurse asking me if I was all right in recovery.  This doesn't answer the questions bout my anemia, though.Next step is the camera pill.  After that, nothing until I see him just before Thanksgiving.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

10/04/2022 2:39 pm  #222

Well that's good: it went well. At least you know that end isn't the problem. 

11/22/2022 5:53 pm  #223

Hematologist said my iron levels are back up to what a teenager's would be...hmmm....no evidence of bleeding, no mutated genes that prevent iron absorption, no premature destruction of healthy red cells by the spleen.  I have a camera endoscopy tomorrow and if the results of that are negative, the hematologist has nothing else to test......I do have a history of cyclic anemia and if my iron levels drop, talk with my primary care manager and go back on the supplements.  Also, I gained 3 pounds, and now weigh 90 kg, (200 pounds)..

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

11/23/2022 5:53 am  #224

Good news! Toes crossed that all goes well.

"You must be mad," said the Cat, "or else you would not have come here."

Board footera

Contact the Guild